Old 29-09-2005, 09:19 PM
JP in Lon

"shazzbat" wrote in message

You have been the victim of a crime, ie criminal damage. You should call

the
police again, make it clear that you are reporting a crime. They are

obliged
to issue a crime No. Don't let them fob you off with an incident No. This
way they have to put it on their crime statistics.

When we had our tools nicked from all 8 sheds on site, the cop had to

record
it as 8 separate crimes. That didn't do his figures for the month much

good
:-))

And I would make an official complaint about the wpc who laughed at you. A
crime is a crime, even when it's a pumpkin.

Indeed, It was your crop. Could be what you have to live off for
winter(it's unlikely, but not impossible.)

Disgusting police treatment and, disgusting what you have to put up (with
the vandals.)

Personally waiting for an allotment to come through. But there is currently
a 2-4 yr waiting list. :@(

--
J.P. in London.

Old 29-09-2005, 09:24 PM
JP in Lon

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Janet Tweedy" wrote ..
:
Keep reporting it to the police and make sure they call, that's how we
overcame it. Personally I'd like to shoot the little *******s

You could also use the local newspaper to highlight such a horrible

event
and maybe also advertise the fact that you will be allotmentless very
soon. Maybe some people will be inspired to ask why or where you will go
etc.
Sorry to hear about the vandals Bob it would have been great to

photograph
them with a mobile phone and pass the evidence to the papers. Strange

they
should take this time to do it, just before the eviction.

We get some every year but not as bad as this, they have gone berserk. It
also cannot have been small kids but youths as one of the pumpkins that

had
been thrown over the gate into the road was an Atlantic Giant probably
weighing about 60lbs.

Besides the fact that it is disgraceful and the anger that I feel building
up within me, my other thought would be...
what a waste. At least if it were eaten, it would almost not be as bad...

--
J.P. in London.

Old 30-09-2005, 09:37 PM
FF

I'm also sorry to hear your tale.

I was in the hairdresser tonight and heard about the customer before me
who had been walking home from the pub with her husband and another
couple when a 15 year old girl came out of nowhere and smashed her in
the face with a lump of rock. The police don't want to do anything
because the girl is under-age.

I don't understand the police any mo-(

Liz

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:05:43 +0100, "david taylor"
wrote:

I am sorry to read of the destruction and can feel the frustration when you
feel unable to do anything about it.
The police should list it as a crime. If value is made an issue a minimum
value for a well tended allottment should be a man year at the minimum
wage-1800hrs at c£4/hr around £7500.
The clubbing/pubbing culture leads to a lot of drug consumption (starting
with alcohol) and cruel irrational behaviour. It is not much consolation but
a number of the perpetrators end up harming or killing themselves and
associates-look into a casualty department on a Saturday evening.
Regards and Commiserations
David T
The "Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Bob Hobden" wrote
Just come back from the allotments, we have to quit by the end of this
month so went down to gather up some of the pumpkins etc.
Shouldn't have bothered, the vandals have beaten us to it and any they
couldn't lift and drop to smash or throw around and break have had
canes/bits of wood rammed through them. (snip)

Well yesterday evening they must have come back, more cabbages thrown
about, all the tomatoes pulled off and thrown around as were the
cucumbers. The plants in the carrot bin had also been stamped on and
ground into the dirt. One of the big previously staked pumpkins was pushed
over the gate into the road and smashed. Certainly not little kids then.
We are now glad we are getting off this site and have already made
enquiries about a plot on a site in a much nicer area, who cares if it's a
much longer journey if they don't get such damage.
--
Regards
Bob

Old 30-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Bob Smith

"FF" wrote in message
I'm also sorry to hear your tale.

I was in the hairdresser tonight and heard about the customer before me
who had been walking home from the pub with her husband and another
couple when a 15 year old girl came out of nowhere and smashed her in
the face with a lump of rock. The police don't want to do anything
because the girl is under-age.

I don't understand the police any mo-(

Liz

Won't do anything? AFAIK the parents are responsible for the kid's actions.
To me that means the delinquent parents stand trial for assault.

Bob

Old 02-10-2005, 08:52 PM
FF

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:13:54 +0100, "Bob Smith" bob@nospamplease
wrote:

"FF" wrote in message
.. .
I'm also sorry to hear your tale.

I was in the hairdresser tonight and heard about the customer before me
who had been walking home from the pub with her husband and another
couple when a 15 year old girl came out of nowhere and smashed her in
the face with a lump of rock. The police don't want to do anything
because the girl is under-age.

I don't understand the police any mo-(

Liz

Won't do anything? AFAIK the parents are responsible for the kid's actions.
To me that means the delinquent parents stand trial for assault.

Bob

Spoke to a friend at the weekend who used to be a Special & if it's
common assault you have to prosecute privately. If it's ABH or GBH the
police do it for you. Both the hairdresser and I thought the police
might have been interested in a possible drugs angle .. but they
weren't, it seems.

And when was the last time you heard of parents getting prosecuted for
their child's actions anyway?

Liz

Old 03-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from FF contains these words:

And when was the last time you heard of parents getting prosecuted for
their child's actions anyway?

Last month.

--
Rusty

Vandals The Devil's Advocate United Kingdom 15 09-07-2003 03:44 PM
Vandals The Devil's Advocate United Kingdom 0 07-07-2003 12:08 AM
Garden pond vandals ned United Kingdom 0 15-02-2003 12:22 AM
vandals Phil & Diane Martin United Kingdom 12 29-01-2003 06:32 PM