Old 28-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Registered User

Question Viburnum Tinus suckers

I have cut back the suckers and self-rooted branches from a large VT and now have 10 or more apparently healthy plants each with its own root system.The parent plant is in full bud. None of the "new plants" has any buds. If I plant them as is will they bud and flower - when- or just stay green?
Thanks
Brianat38
Old 28-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Brian

"Brianat38" wrote in message

I have cut back the suckers and self-rooted branches from a large VT and
now have 10 or more apparently healthy plants each with its own root
system.The parent plant is in full bud. None of the "new plants" has
any buds. If I plant them as is will they bud and flower - when- or
just stay green?
Thanks
Brianat38

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Plant them out and flowers will eventually form. Usually takes a
couple of years~~ Growth is quite vigorous. Those that are a single stem
would benefit if their tops were removed to stimulate branching. They will
be true to type.
Best Wishes Brian.

--
Brianat38

Old 28-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Spider

Brian --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message

"Brianat38" wrote in message

I have cut back the suckers and self-rooted branches from a large VT and
now have 10 or more apparently healthy plants each with its own root
system.The parent plant is in full bud. None of the "new plants" has
any buds. If I plant them as is will they bud and flower - when- or
just stay green?
Thanks
Brianat38

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Plant them out and flowers will eventually form. Usually takes a
couple of years~~ Growth is quite vigorous. Those that are a single

stem
would benefit if their tops were removed to stimulate branching.

(interrupt ...)
.... or you could keep the single stem and train them as standard. They
fetch a pretty penny in the garden centres.
(interruption ended. Apologies to Brain at 38).
Spider

They will
be true to type.
Best Wishes Brian.