Old 08-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Kay

In article .com,
fingers writes
Hayley,
No kids or pets. Except the bloody squirrel the size of a rabbit that
keeps coming into my garden and digging in my containers. I think I
will leave the lid off ;-)

Please don't snip *everything* ;-) If you don't leave enough of the
understand what you're saying, and can't add any useful information if I
have any. And I can't learn from your response because I don't know what
it's about.

There's too many posts in this group to expect people to look back at
Kay

Old 08-10-2005, 02:41 PM
fingers

Kay wrote:
In article .com,
fingers writes
Hayley,
No kids or pets. Except the bloody squirrel the size of a rabbit that
keeps coming into my garden and digging in my containers. I think I
will leave the lid off ;-)

Please don't snip *everything* ;-) If you don't leave enough of the
understand what you're saying, and can't add any useful information if I
have any. And I can't learn from your response because I don't know what
it's about.

There's too many posts in this group to expect people to look back at

Yup. Was using the web interface and trying the reply-inline. Very
unhelpful. Won't do it again Miss. slapped wrists :-(

Old 08-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message . com
from "fingers" contains these words:

Yup. Was using the web interface and trying the reply-inline. Very
unhelpful. Won't do it again Miss. slapped wrists :-(

Doncher mean 'slapped Fingers'?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 08-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Chris Hogg

On 8 Oct 2005 04:53:37 -0700, "fingers"
wrote:

Chris,
This doesn't sound very satisfactory at all. I think I will go with
your and Jaques suggestion and have the pipe going into the butt. Still
a matter of plumbing but of the aerial variety :-)

I had one of these diverters at my last house, and it actually worked
very well. But in our current place, to put a butt next to the
down-pipe from the house roof would be seriously inconvenient. I now
collect the water from the shed roof further down the garden, and just
shoot all of it into the butt, because where it is, it doesn't matter
if it just overflows onto the ground.

--
Chris

Old 10-10-2005, 12:06 PM
newsb

In article .com,
fingers writes
Andy,
Thanks this is just what I wanted to know. I think I might try a hole
in the bottom with a bucket or watering can sitting under it. Do you
think that the worms will try to escape if the hole it too big? :-)

I don't think that they'll try to escape unless the food runs out or the
conditions are too wet/dry, etc. However, if there is a drop, the
chances are that some of them will fall. If you have any form of
mesh/plastic with fine holes in, the liquid will drain down and few of
the worms will.

Personally, I find it better with a "sealed" system and a tap - rather
than a drop into a bucket. The black liquid gold is less likely to
sour/smell - I think. Also, less evaporation.

--
regards andyw