Old 16-10-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Stihl HL Hedgecutter

Anyone any idea why on my Stihl hedgecutter, that on 1 of the metal
strips {that are either side of the cutting blades},
one area has a bigger gap between{ie slight curve} it and blade ie not
parallel.

Taking apart there's no adjustment I can see to make it flat again.
Thanks

Old 16-10-2005, 03:24 PM
shazzbat

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone any idea why on my Stihl hedgecutter, that on 1 of the metal
strips {that are either side of the cutting blades},
one area has a bigger gap between{ie slight curve} it and blade ie not
parallel.

Taking apart there's no adjustment I can see to make it flat again.
Thanks

It's probably been bent by a wire getting trapped between the strip and the
blade. You may be able to reshape it manually if you're good. Is it causing
problems in operation? If not I would ignore it.

Steve

Old 16-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Gel

Thanks; no seems to operate OK;
seems flat enough when taken apart, but when screwed down in place it
sort of bows at one point; its as if it needs a few mm taken off.

shazzbat wrote:
oups.com...