Old 19-10-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Very OT alcohol question

Should be served in the same way as vodka, straight from the freezer,
but only if the alcohol content is 35% or above, here in Spain we
haveour beer in glasses strsight from the freezer, but it still warms
up quickly in the 26 degree temperatures. Actually it rained here
today, first time for us here, but then the sun came out and quickly
dried everything up.

Mike

Old 21-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Larry Stoter

Sacha wrote:

For some reason, I feel sure that someone here will be able to help me with
this query; in Italy we bought a bottle of Limoncello and were told to keep
it in the freezer. Certainly, my understanding is that our hotel kept their
supplies in that way. Is it safe for us to do this at home with the one we
bought which is 35% alcohol?

Why might it not be safe?
--
Larry Stoter
Old 21-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Mike Lyle

Larry Stoter wrote:
Sacha wrote:

For some reason, I feel sure that someone here will be able to

help
me with this query; in Italy we bought a bottle of Limoncello and
were told to keep it in the freezer. Certainly, my understanding

is
that our hotel kept their supplies in that way. Is it safe for us
to do this at home with the one we bought which is 35% alcohol?

Why might it not be safe?

Carol Thatcher told how, in a to me rare redeeming feature, her
mother would never ice Champagne before the result. The bottle
therefore had to go in the freezer for a quick chill. So the family
became accustomed to occasional bits of broken glass in the peas. The
higher the concentration of alcohol, the less likely this sad result.

--
Mike.

Old 22-10-2005, 12:54 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Larry Stoter wrote:
Sacha wrote:

For some reason, I feel sure that someone here will be able to

help
me with this query; in Italy we bought a bottle of Limoncello and
were told to keep it in the freezer. Certainly, my understanding

is
that our hotel kept their supplies in that way. Is it safe for us
to do this at home with the one we bought which is 35% alcohol?

Why might it not be safe?

Carol Thatcher told how, in a to me rare redeeming feature, her
mother would never ice Champagne before the result. The bottle
therefore had to go in the freezer for a quick chill. So the family
became accustomed to occasional bits of broken glass in the peas. The
higher the concentration of alcohol, the less likely this sad result.

Butbutbutbutbut... Limonello isn't fizzy, is it?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 22-10-2005, 04:06 AM
WaltA

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 00:54:04 +0100, Jaques and other peeps* wrote:
For some reason, I feel sure that someone here will be able to

help
me with this query; in Italy we bought a bottle of Limoncello and
were told to keep it in the freezer. Certainly, my understanding

is
that our hotel kept their supplies in that way. Is it safe for us
to do this at home with the one we bought which is 35% alcohol?

Why might it not be safe?

Carol Thatcher told how, in a to me rare redeeming feature, her
mother would never ice Champagne before the result. The bottle
therefore had to go in the freezer for a quick chill. So the family
became accustomed to occasional bits of broken glass in the peas. The
higher the concentration of alcohol, the less likely this sad result.

Butbutbutbutbut... Limonello isn't fizzy, is it?

But lower concentrations of alcohol imply more water ( cant offhand
remember the % of Champers, but I expect you could freeze a lot of it
solid with just a wee sludgy bit in one corner.)
more water means greater chance of freezing solid,
and you know what happens to water when it freezes ???
Just guessing otomh

But I am confused, why would Sasha want to _store_ it in the freezer ?
with 35% alcohol it aint likly to go off at room temp is it ?

* sorry, lost the attributions so Janet et al who may be worried
should google the archive to sort it out