Old 18-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Sacha

Default Very OT alcohol question

For some reason, I feel sure that someone here will be able to help me with
this query; in Italy we bought a bottle of Limoncello and were told to keep
it in the freezer. Certainly, my understanding is that our hotel kept their
supplies in that way. Is it safe for us to do this at home with the one we
bought which is 35% alcohol?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 18-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Brian

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
For some reason, I feel sure that someone here will be able to help me

with
this query; in Italy we bought a bottle of Limoncello and were told to

keep
it in the freezer. Certainly, my understanding is that our hotel kept

their
supplies in that way. Is it safe for us to do this at home with the one

we
bought which is 35% alcohol?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pasted from Google~~~

Summer Drink RecipesFOR BEST RESULTS, KEEP LIMONCELLO IN THE FREEZER (IT

WON'T SOLIDIFY). IT'S TRADITIONALLY SERVE IN CHILLED SMALL GLASSES. ...

At 35% I feel it should be left there too!! It's very, very sweet.
Terrible hangovers!
Best Wishes Brian.

Old 19-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond contains these words:

Pasted from Google~~~

Summer Drink RecipesFOR BEST RESULTS, KEEP LIMONCELLO IN THE FREEZER (IT

WON'T SOLIDIFY). IT'S TRADITIONALLY SERVE IN CHILLED SMALL GLASSES. ...

At 35% I feel it should be left there too!! It's very, very sweet.
Terrible hangovers!

I have a nItalian fiend who makes something similar using absolute alcohol.

He keeps that in the freezer, serves it from the freezer, and it blows
your head off!

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 19-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Registered User

Location: Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha
For some reason, I feel sure that someone here will be able to help me with
this query; in Italy we bought a bottle of Limoncello and were told to keep
it in the freezer. Certainly, my understanding is that our hotel kept their
supplies in that way. Is it safe for us to do this at home with the one we
bought which is 35% alcohol?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

We always keep ours in the freezer along with the glass aswell.
Unchilled it is sickly sweet.
__________________
Carrot Cruncher.

Old 19-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Martin Brown

Brian wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...

For some reason, I feel sure that someone here will be able to help me

with
this query; in Italy we bought a bottle of Limoncello and were told to

keep
it in the freezer. Certainly, my understanding is that our hotel kept

their
supplies in that way. Is it safe for us to do this at home with the one

we
bought which is 35% alcohol?

Summer Drink RecipesFOR BEST RESULTS, KEEP LIMONCELLO IN THE FREEZER (IT

WON'T SOLIDIFY). IT'S TRADITIONALLY SERVE IN CHILLED SMALL GLASSES. ...

At 35% I feel it should be left there too!! It's very, very sweet.
Terrible hangovers!

It may be a bit of a hazard served at -18C direct from the freezer. The
drink won't mind, but you could get a freezer burn on your tongue.

It makes a fabulous booster for lemon syllabub though!

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 19-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Sacha

On 19/10/05 8:43, in article , "Martin
Brown" wrote:

Brian wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...

[...]

That's an interesting idea - never thought of that! And thanks to those who
sent in helpful replies. I know a lot of people regard Limoncello as
something just short of lemon scented disinfectant but we love it. ;-)
A Sardinian friend of mine used to make his own and it was stunning, in the
true sense of that word but it was delicious. I just couldn't remember how
he stored it but it must have been the freezer, I think.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 19-10-2005, 04:54 PM

Hi there it is afe to keep in thefreezer,it is also nice to served in
very cols glasses
CC

Old 19-10-2005, 04:54 PM

Hi there it is safe to keep in thefreezer,it is also nice to served in
very cols glasses
CC

Old 19-10-2005, 04:54 PM

Old 19-10-2005, 06:47 PM

Should be served in the same way as vodka, straight from the freezer,
but only if the alcohol content is 35% or above, here in Spain we
haveour beer in glasses strsight from the freezer, but it still warms
up quickly in the 26 degree temperatures. Actually it rained here
today, first time for us here, but then the sun came out and quickly
dried everything up.

Mike

Old 19-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Pam Moore

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:56:28 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

I know a lot of people regard Limoncello as
something just short of lemon scented disinfectant but we love it. ;-)
A Sardinian friend of mine used to make his own and it was stunning, in the
true sense of that word but it was delicious. I just couldn't remember how
he stored it but it must have been the freezer, I think.

Never having heard of it I looked it up. Here's a recipe. Where does
one obtain the alcohol?
http://www.mrmenu.net/discus/message...tml?1070646657

Pam in Bristol
Old 19-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Pam Moore contains these words:

Never having heard of it I looked it up. Here's a recipe. Where does
one obtain the alcohol?

Vodka usually.

Old 19-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Mike Lyle

wrote:

I know a lot of people regard Limoncello as
something just short of lemon scented disinfectant but we love it.
;-)
A Sardinian friend of mine used to make his own and it was

stunning,
in the true sense of that word but it was delicious. I just
couldn't remember how he stored it but it must have been the
freezer, I think.

Never having heard of it I looked it up. Here's a recipe. Where

does
one obtain the alcohol?
http://www.mrmenu.net/discus/message...tml?1070646657

Next trip to France. The supermarché will have very cheap white
alcohol called "alcool de fruits" or "alcool potable". If you're
staying at home, get the strongest vodka you can find; but it won't
be quite right unless you can find Polish pure spirit.

--
Mike.

Old 20-10-2005, 08:41 AM
Registered User

Location: Bristol

I 'think' Sainsburys in Filton (assuming you are in Bristol UK) sell Absolut vodka of a high enough proof to use, failing that they sell Limoncello.
Carrot Cruncher.