Old 25-10-2005, 07:10 PM
gentlegreen

Default Fungus

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message k
from "gentlegreen" contains these words:

I was a little wary of trying them due to rumoured incompatibility with
alcohol.
Very attractive they looked too :-

http://uk.geocities.com/gentlegreeng...orellowres.JPG

I forgot to add - Morchella elata.

AFAIK it has no adverse reaction with alcohol. The only commonly eaten
mushroom (that refers to mushroom as a food rather than a recreational
activity) which is incpmpatible with alcohol that I know of is Coprinus
atramentarius (common ink cap - not the shaggy ink cap, or lawyer's
wig).

did I miss a gourmet feed then ? :-(

(it's my guess that they were a one-off phenomenon)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 25-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message k
from "gentlegreen"
contains these words:

AFAIK it has no adverse reaction with alcohol. The only commonly eaten
mushroom (that refers to mushroom as a food rather than a recreational
activity) which is incpmpatible with alcohol that I know of is Coprinus
atramentarius (common ink cap - not the shaggy ink cap, or lawyer's
wig).

did I miss a gourmet feed then ? :-(

(it's my guess that they were a one-off phenomenon)

IMO they're highly overrated, and about as good as the stuffing you cook
in them.

Old 25-10-2005, 08:19 PM
gentlegreen

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message k
from "gentlegreen"
contains these words:

AFAIK it has no adverse reaction with alcohol. The only commonly eaten
mushroom (that refers to mushroom as a food rather than a recreational
activity) which is incpmpatible with alcohol that I know of is Coprinus
atramentarius (common ink cap - not the shaggy ink cap, or lawyer's
wig).

did I miss a gourmet feed then ? :-(

(it's my guess that they were a one-off phenomenon)

IMO they're highly overrated, and about as good as the stuffing you cook
in them.

That seemed to be Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's opinion too and he commented
on the large quantity of things that crawled out of all those orifices of
the ones he dried (after having previously fried some up "in the field" )

Old 26-10-2005, 08:10 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Galpin contains these words:

/free.uk.nature.mushrooms/
*watch the crosspost* - it's to see if it turns up there.

It's not on my Zetnet list.

I asked Paul to carry it, then added it to active.nws - I've received
items, so I presume it is carried.

If it doesn't arrive I'll send him an emu to see if we can have it back
- I must say, on my machine it's empty ATM.

Old 26-10-2005, 01:45 PM
WaltA

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:10:21 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

The message
from Janet Galpin contains these words:

/free.uk.nature.mushrooms/
*watch the crosspost* - it's to see if it turns up there.

It's not on my Zetnet list.

I asked Paul to carry it, then added it to active.nws - I've received
items, so I presume it is carried.

If it doesn't arrive I'll send him an emu to see if we can have it back
- I must say, on my machine it's empty ATM.

Yes, I see your post in free.uk.nature.mushrooms,
it has reached the NTL* & Freeserve(Wannado) servers and is also in
GoogleGroups (gg. used to be quite slow, up to a day behind the usenet
servers,)

*I think NTL use the same feed as Virgin,

Last year, fungus fungus everywhere Natalka Rosalia Maria Roshak Edible Gardening 5 26-01-2005 06:26 PM
Honey fungus and wood chips John Towill United Kingdom 2 24-04-2003 07:44 PM
fungus in Sydney garden Richard Wright Australia 0 29-03-2003 03:20 PM
Rose Fungus question Campbe4 Roses 11 11-03-2003 10:33 PM
Oak root fungus? Susan Solomon Roses 1 20-02-2003 06:03 PM