Old 25-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Paul D.Smith

Default Kiwis - plant out, greenhouse ir indoors?

I have grown some Kiwis from seed and they're currently not very big so I've
very reticent about putting them outside. So do I chance it, or keep them
in the unheated greenhouse or take them indoors for the winter?

Thanks for suggestions,
Paul DS.

--
Please remove the "x-" if replying to sender.

Old 25-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Paul D.Smith" writes:
| I have grown some Kiwis from seed and they're currently not very big so I've
| very reticent about putting them outside. So do I chance it, or keep them
| in the unheated greenhouse or take them indoors for the winter?

I would go for the unheated greenhouse. They won't like a warm,
dark winter (i.e. indoors), and you will want to sex them before
planting permanently if you want a crop.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 26-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Clare

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
And, on GQT last week, Bob Flowerdew was talking about them, and I
gathered (with half an ear) from what he said that there is at least one
variety with both male and female flowers.

Yes, the variety 'Jenny' is self fertile.

Clare.

Old 26-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message . com
from "Clare" contains these words:

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
And, on GQT last week, Bob Flowerdew was talking about them, and I
gathered (with half an ear) from what he said that there is at least one
variety with both male and female flowers.

Yes, the variety 'Jenny' is self fertile.

Thanks. I might just try one of those, then. ('Specially as the name of
my first girlfiend was Jenny.)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

learn to grow any plant indoors or outdoors tracy Gardening 0 04-02-2007 10:56 PM
Success with Kiwis? Janet Galpin United Kingdom 7 23-12-2004 11:53 AM
fuzzy kiwis kettlink Edible Gardening 0 25-10-2003 02:02 AM
KIWIS CLAMOUR TO RETAIN BAN ON GENETICALLY ENGINEERED FOOD David Kendra sci.agriculture 0 16-09-2003 03:20 AM
Kiwis in the UK Brian Watson United Kingdom 6 03-03-2003 03:13 PM