Old 28-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Mel

Default What's Still Flowering?

What a strange autumn! Unexpectedly flowering in my garden right now are
clematis Nelly Moser and Fireworks. I still have passiflora, bizzie lizzie,
tender fuchsia, centaurea montana, cosmos, nicotiana, verbena, hydrangea,
pernettya and gladioli. My dahlias haven't stopped flowering since mid July
(I'm bored with them now!). I can't believe that it's nearly Bonfire Night!

Old 28-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Chris Hogg

Not a lot left, but we do have a wild primrose in flower!

--
Chris

Old 28-10-2005, 06:30 PM

Bourgainvillia just coming nicely into flower, have a nice money plant,
well more like a large shrub, also just starting to flower, plenty of
oleanders, pansies, cyclamen, daturas, strelitizia reginas, passion
flowers out here in sunny spain.

Mike

Old 28-10-2005, 06:32 PM
middleton.walker

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
Not a lot left, but we do have a wild primrose in flower!

--
Chris

A couple of tomato plants in the cellar in bloom

Old 28-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , Mel
writes
What a strange autumn! Unexpectedly flowering in my garden right now are
clematis Nelly Moser and Fireworks. I still have passiflora, bizzie lizzie,
tender fuchsia, centaurea montana, cosmos, nicotiana, verbena, hydrangea,
pernettya and gladioli. My dahlias haven't stopped flowering since mid July
(I'm bored with them now!). I can't believe that it's nearly Bonfire Night!

Abutilon megapotamicum, Abutilon hybridum, Anoda cristata, Anoda
wrightii, Hollyhocks, Lavatera 'Bicolor' and 'Princesse de Lignes',
Lavatera acerifolia, assorted shrubby Lavateras (5 cultivars, 4
seedlings), Lavatera cachmiriana, Malva sylvestris, Callirhoe
involucrate, Callirhoe leiocarpa, Sidalcea 'Rosebud' (repeat flowering),
a Hebe.

I saw a Corynabutilon (x suntense?) in flower yesterday, and an Abutilon
striatum today.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 28-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Hanne Bech-Jensen

"Mel" wrote in message

What a strange autumn! Unexpectedly flowering in my garden right now are
clematis Nelly Moser and Fireworks. I still have passiflora, bizzie
lizzie,
tender fuchsia, centaurea montana, cosmos, nicotiana, verbena, hydrangea,
pernettya and gladioli. My dahlias haven't stopped flowering since mid
July
(I'm bored with them now!). I can't believe that it's nearly Bonfire
Night!

I have most of what you have too. Some parts of the garden got done by a few
nights of light frost but others made it through.

But the weirdest flowering items here a My appletree, had an entire
clutster of flowers, and my winter jasmine, which has at least 50 flowers on
it... now that is way too early here!
Really strange year this one.

Take care,
Hanne in Denmark

Old 29-10-2005, 02:11 AM
Sue

"Mel" wrote
What a strange autumn! Unexpectedly flowering in my garden right now are
clematis Nelly Moser and Fireworks. I still have passiflora, bizzie
lizzie, tender fuchsia, centaurea montana, cosmos, nicotiana, verbena,
hydrangea, pernettya and gladioli. My dahlias haven't stopped flowering
since mid July (I'm bored with them now!). I can't believe that it's
nearly Bonfire Night!

Many things already mentioned by others plus New Guinea Impatiens still out
in pots, Penstemon, Geranium 'Rozanne', Gaura, a tall blue Scabious which
IIRC was called 'Oxford Blue', Gazania, Convolvulus cneorum, Eleagnus
ebingei, and there's also a Sarcococca which seems about to flower - surely
that's too early.

--
Sue

Old 29-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Kay

In article ws.net,
Sue writes

"Mel" wrote
What a strange autumn! Unexpectedly flowering in my garden right now are
clematis Nelly Moser and Fireworks. I still have passiflora, bizzie
lizzie, tender fuchsia, centaurea montana, cosmos, nicotiana, verbena,
hydrangea, pernettya and gladioli. My dahlias haven't stopped flowering
since mid July (I'm bored with them now!). I can't believe that it's
nearly Bonfire Night!

Many things already mentioned by others plus New Guinea Impatiens still out
in pots, Penstemon, Geranium 'Rozanne', Gaura, a tall blue Scabious which
IIRC was called 'Oxford Blue', Gazania, Convolvulus cneorum, Eleagnus
ebingei, and there's also a Sarcococca which seems about to flower - surely
that's too early.

No frost at all so far, which is really strange for us - we'd usually
have a frost by the first week of October. So I still have nasturtiums
and ipomoeas everywhere, alongside the first of the winter flower -
Viburnum bodnantense and winter jasmine, which are both in full flower.
--
Kay

Old 29-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Kay" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Sue writes

"Mel" wrote
[...]

Up by the house is still a blaze of colour, Hedychiums, Abutilon's,
Tibouchina's, cassia's, and for me the stars two Fuchsia's, paniculata and
boliviana, both now 8' and looking wonderful, October is a bonus as most of
these have to be protected in winter so by now would have been cut back,
covered or brought in, but this years they have been able to just carry on
flowering.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 29-10-2005, 03:57 PM
cineman

I still have lilies in full bloom plus self sown plants of cerinthe just
about to break into bloom, hope this weather holds till next
may...................
Just taking up ( sadly) Geraniums, dahlias or should that be dahlia's, no
corect first time. bedding begonias, only thing I have lost is Mina Lobata
just waiting for seed pods to show signs of ripening to save seed.
Barmy 14 centigrade here today with high single figures overnight.
regards
Cineman

Old 29-10-2005, 04:37 PM
middleton.walker

"
"Mel" wrote in message
What a strange autumn! Unexpectedly flowering in my garden right now are
clematis Nelly Moser and Fireworks. I still have passiflora, bizzie
lizzie,
tender fuchsia, centaurea montana, cosmos, nicotiana, verbena, hydrangea,
pernettya and gladioli. My dahlias haven't stopped flowering since mid
July
(I'm bored with them now!). I can't believe that it's nearly Bonfire
Night!

Talking about bonfire night...what school did Guy F. attend?

Old 29-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Mel

"middleton.walker" wrote in message
(I'm bored with them now!). I can't believe that it's nearly Bonfire

Night!
Talking about bonfire night...what school did Guy F. attend?

St Peters, York.