Old 02-11-2005, 10:29 AM
capstan

Default Hebe. "Centurion"

In a batch of three Hebe plants bought for me as a gift they were all
supposed to be the same variety, "Pascal" which is the one I had dropped
blatant hints about to the family so they could "surprise" me.

However, one turned out to be labelled Hebe "Centurion". The label was
damaged and other than the name the description details were illegible.

They were from the local B & Q, who have since cleared their plant stocks,
so I can't get details or exchange it for the correct variety.

Is anyone familiar with this variety and can give me info such as height,
spread, flower description etc. so I can plant it in the right place.

Can't find any reference on Google.
Thank you.

capstan.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:02 PM
La puce

capstan wrote:
In a batch of three Hebe plants bought for me as a gift they were all
supposed to be the same variety, "Pascal" which is the one I had dropped
blatant hints about to the family so they could "surprise" me.
However, one turned out to be labelled Hebe "Centurion". The label was
damaged and other than the name the description details were illegible.

(snip)

I've searched, asked, foraged in my books, articles ... to no avail.
Hundreds of Hebe and none 'Centurion'. Even B&Q seem not to advertise
the plants they sell. Which colour are the flowers, if you have flowers
on it now?

Old 02-11-2005, 05:28 PM
capstan

"La puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

capstan wrote:
In a batch of three Hebe plants bought for me as a gift they were all
supposed to be the same variety, "Pascal" which is the one I had dropped
blatant hints about to the family so they could "surprise" me.
However, one turned out to be labelled Hebe "Centurion". The label was
damaged and other than the name the description details were illegible.

(snip)

I've searched, asked, foraged in my books, articles ... to no avail.
Hundreds of Hebe and none 'Centurion'. Even B&Q seem not to advertise
the plants they sell. Which colour are the flowers, if you have flowers
on it now?

Its too young to have blossom this year so its a mystery.
However, I very much appreciate the efforts of you and Spider in trying to
seek out the variety.
I'll stick it in a sunny spot and see what happens next year. Just hope its
a low grower like "Pascal"

capstan

Hebe Andersonii Variegata Variegated Hebe Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 23-03-2010 09:41 AM
Tis better to be Gills "Chew Toy" than one of Roy "Tristain" Hauer's "SOCKS" Tristan Ponds 0 03-01-2007 02:39 PM
Hebe or not Hebe Twobtold Gardening 9 29-08-2004 08:33 PM
Hebe Autumn Glory ( problems) Please Help Evelyn Usher United Kingdom 1 09-06-2003 07:08 PM
Hebe - Pruning Jack United Kingdom 1 11-02-2003 09:23 AM