Old 04-12-2005, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Interesting water

On 4/12/05 10:23, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

snip
"Jumping jets" equipment:
http://www.atlanticfountains.com/jumping_jet.htm

Thanks for the mine of information, Jenny. I have a feeling that the last
site produces goods that are *horrendously* expensive! But that is exactly
what I was thinking of.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 05-12-2005, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Klara wrote:
Seeing the arcs, I immediately thought of 'jumping water', which I have
also always coveted! I can't think where I saw them, though , not having
been to Disneyworld.

I saw them this summer outside the Gugunheim in Bilbao. They're a
permanent feature there.

Old 06-12-2005, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Sacha wrote:
On 4/12/05 10:23, in article ,

"JennyC"
wrote:

snip
"Jumping jets" equipment:
http://www.atlanticfountains.com/jumping_jet.htm

Thanks for the mine of information, Jenny. I have a feeling that

the
last site produces goods that are *horrendously* expensive! But

that
is exactly what I was thinking of.

One of the usual motorway stops in UK has one of these unpredictable
squirter set-ups. I wish I could remember which one, as my children
loved it. For the record, no less a person than the much-maligned
Oliver Cromwell had his garden paths rigged up with concealed jets
which could, on command, be set off to squirt up visiting ladies'
skirts. Puritanism apparently had its limits once he got home and
relaxed a bit.

--
Mike.

Old 06-12-2005, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 6/12/05 20:05, in article , "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
On 4/12/05 10:23, in article
,
"JennyC"
wrote:

snip
"Jumping jets" equipment:
http://www.atlanticfountains.com/jumping_jet.htm

Thanks for the mine of information, Jenny. I have a feeling that

the
last site produces goods that are *horrendously* expensive! But

that
is exactly what I was thinking of.

One of the usual motorway stops in UK has one of these unpredictable
squirter set-ups. I wish I could remember which one, as my children
loved it. For the record, no less a person than the much-maligned
Oliver Cromwell had his garden paths rigged up with concealed jets
which could, on command, be set off to squirt up visiting ladies'
skirts. Puritanism apparently had its limits once he got home and
relaxed a bit.

But does history record what the ladies thought of this sexist behaviour?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk