Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-12-2005, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener

Default Christmas outing to Tennessee garden

"Janet Baraclough"
in
. uk...

For those of you who don't read newsgroup rec.gardens, there is a cracking
gardening post there today. I've asked its author Marilyn ("Madgardener") if
she will crosspost it to urg, though some of you might have your software
set to reject such a lengthy post. You can read it in the google archive at
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gardens

Thread title; Planting bulbs on a Winter's late afternoon.

(background for those who haven't encountered her befo M lives in rural
Tennessee with "Squire" (husband), a crammed garden and a load of pets, she
works at a "shed" garden centre)

Enjoy :-)

Janet

ok Janet, you've caused me sufficient blushing for my middle
age............lol I've got one for YOU................. I started posting
to wreck.gardens (rec.gardens) about 8 years ago. Around October of
1998.......or 1997. originally my e-mail address was .
but I changed it a few years ago to the ISDN line's address of
........here's the question (in my "marilyn" way LOL)
originally my posts were ALL there on deja.vu's archives. then google bought
or took over them when deja vu went out of operation. There was a couple of
gardeners over the pond there in your neighborhood who liked my writings and
rambles enough to ask if they could print them for themselves to keep or
share, and of course I said alright. I love to share.........I really do
want to compile the books of me writings and rambles, but the problems are
thus...............I consider some of those early posts when Squire was out
on the road and I was rattling around up here on the ridge by myself with
only Rose (me sweet black Lab) and the larger assortment of cats and faeries
and flowers to keep me from going totally mad, to have been some of my best
writings. I have a few of them, having snagged them off of google and copied
them and sent them to myself. Originally a gardener by the name of Tori who
went by IGROWROCKS had lovingly sent me the complete archives of my posts
before she severed her ties to me, killfiled me and put a block on my
address (I am just too intense for some people, which is alright as I more
than understand) then my computer seized up and I lost all her labors to
help me to have my stuff. My question............is there anyway you have
early posts of mine to send back to me, so that I can paragraph them and not
change them but clean them a tad and from there I can start trying to put
them together in a few books. I ain't shy about publishing. I just can't
find someone to SEND them to to publish them. I even wrote a children's book
a few years ago with the insistance of a dear gentleman in Chicago, who
turned a post of mine around, handed me the title and gave me his
inspirational thoughts on it, and told me to get at it. I sat down and in
three days had a "children's" book (not quite a children's book but
almost......kinda........sorta........g) but again, who would look at it,
not change too much, illustrate it with awesome illustrations and publish
it? I'm still waiting for that person who gardens and works for a
publishing company to e-mail me and tell me to send them my
stuff.....................no, not lazy, I've made calls and tried on
occaisons, but so far nothing (do you know how hard it is to type with a
kitten's tail lying across the right side of the keyboard???) my addy book
has lost yer address, send it to me, wouldya?? please? I promise not to
lose it again. I've actually got a handwritten list of e-mails of dear
gardening friends!

there will be a shorter second part to that bulb escapade soon, and as
beautiful as it is today, it might be today..........I actually now have
MORE bulbs to plant because I happened upon minature narcissus, Lord
Lieutenant anemone, De Caean anemone, Viking tulips (double red peony tulips
that never return the second year but who cares??) and a lone six bag of
lily tulips to plug in somewhere. thanks for being a gardening friend all
these years. you are a treasure!
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36 where the day is
crispy blue bright and the birds are beckoning me to come outside and play
in the leaves and cold soil

new fish outing kathy[_3_] Ponds (moderated) 2 02-07-2008 04:16 PM
Christmas outing to Tennessee garden Sacha United Kingdom 0 13-12-2005 02:51 PM
Starting a lawn in Tennessee - HELP! GarciaGM Gardening 2 29-03-2003 01:32 AM
Spring in Tennessee Table Roses 1 24-02-2003 01:04 PM
Looking for fellow aquarists in Eastern Tennessee.... 350X_Rider Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 17-02-2003 04:38 PM