Old 18-12-2005, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR

Default No Visitors

"Kate" wrote in message

snip

Now I should own up to what is, probably, a character flaw : it is not
enough that the birds visit the garden. I *must* get photos of them.
We have had a hide in the garden for nearly a year, and today managed
to move it so that I can focus my long lens on the new feeding
station. Tomorrow, if the weather is bright, I shall be out there
waiting...

Thanks for all the advice.

Happy Christmas!
Kate

Maybe you weren't hiding enough as well before then Kate? ;-)
Glad to hear of your success!

**** Merry Christmas ****

--
Regards
James (ukjay)

Garden WebCam Guestbook/Message Portal
http://ukjay.kicks-ass.net/cgi-bin/guestbook.pl

Old 18-12-2005, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
Klara

In message , Kate
writes
Now I should own up to what is, probably, a character flaw : it is not
enough that the birds visit the garden. I *must* get photos of them.
We have had a hide in the garden for nearly a year, and today managed
to move it so that I can focus my long lens on the new feeding station.
Tomorrow, if the weather is bright, I shall be out there waiting...

If people set up webcams in bird houses, it must also be possible to do
the same somehow in the roof of a bird table, or in the hide....

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 19-12-2005, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Klara" wrote in message
In message , Kate
writes
Now I should own up to what is, probably, a character flaw : it is not
enough that the birds visit the garden. I *must* get photos of them. We
have had a hide in the garden for nearly a year, and today managed to move
it so that I can focus my long lens on the new feeding station. Tomorrow,
if the weather is bright, I shall be out there waiting...

If people set up webcams in bird houses, it must also be possible to do
the same somehow in the roof of a bird table, or in the hide....

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Well done Klara you have managed to say exactly what I was thinking but I
hesitate to contribute because I am not a twitcher.
You can indeed do everything you said and a lot more. I think the twitchers
actually enjoy the discomfort of hides and all the paraphernalia that goes
with birdwatching.
Same thing as mountaineers who could get to the top of Everest by
helicopter.