Old 21-12-2005, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default Off Topic Non Grdening

Yes, they're a rum lot.

I'll drink to that :-))

In fact I got some more 'Pussers' whilst I was in Bookers Cash and Carry
this afternoon :-)) along with a case of Italian White, some Scotch and a
bottle of 'special' for my Son who will be with us tomorrow.

and boring stuff like dustbin liners and pillows etc etc etc :-((

Mike

Old 21-12-2005, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Alan Holmes wrote:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year Bob

Christmas Spirit? More like Surgical Sprit with some of the miserable
sods
on this newsgroup :-((

Nothing like the traditions of the navy, is it?

Hey, you leave the navy out of this!

Well, I thought that the navy was very much into keeping its spirits
at a suitable level!

That is, or was, true, but they are not miserable sods who imbibe surgical
spirit!

A tot of rum was served every day, and it helped the appalling food go
down!(:-)

On one station I was at, no one ever went to sunday breakfast, even though
it was eggs and bacon served, the eggs where uncoocked white, with a heap of
yellow in the centre, and the bacon was allways as hard as nails so as you
tried to put your fork in it, it just shatered and went all over the place,
none ever fiished on the plate so you could scoop it up!

I got the feeling it was a deliberat ploy on the part of the cooks so that
no one ever went to breakfast and they could then sell the eggs and bacon to
get them extra beer money!

Alan

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 22-12-2005, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
newsb

In article , Alan Holmes
writes

"Mike" wrote in message

Christmas Spirit? More like Surgical Sprit with some of the miserable sods
on this newsgroup :-((

I don't think you are being forced to read, or contribute, to this group.

If you don't like it, then FOAD!

Or at least get a life.

And if you say you have got one (naturally it'll be better than most in
the group) might I request that you enjoy it. Somewhere else if it
(seemingly) isn't possible here.

--
regards andyw
Old 22-12-2005, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
capstan

"newsb" wrote in message
news
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

"Mike" wrote in message

Christmas Spirit? More like Surgical Sprit with some of the miserable
sods
on this newsgroup :-((

I don't think you are being forced to read, or contribute, to this group.

If you don't like it, then FOAD!

Or at least get a life.

And if you say you have got one (naturally it'll be better than most in
the group) might I request that you enjoy it. Somewhere else if it
(seemingly) isn't possible here.

--
regards andyw

There you go........the spirit of Christmas, Peace and Goodwill to all, is
alive and well in this green and pleasant urg.

capstan

Old 23-12-2005, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
newsb

In message , capstan
writes

"newsb" wrote in message
news

Or at least get a life.

And if you say you have got one (naturally it'll be better than most in
the group) might I request that you enjoy it. Somewhere else if it
(seemingly) isn't possible here.

--
regards andyw

There you go........the spirit of Christmas, Peace and Goodwill to all, is
alive and well in this green and pleasant urg.

How could you say such a thing. All I was doing was trying to find a
way to help Mike be happy and enjoy life.

Of course, I fully understand that the numerous comments - such as yours
above - are full of good will, etc

And I do hope everyone gets what they want out of life/xmas - as long as
it doesn't impinge on the reasonable requirements of others.

--
regards andyw

Old 26-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Registered User

Location: Worthing, England
Smile

Thank goodness there is some humour in this camp.
Being so serious is not good gardening in this seasonal time.
Old 26-12-2005, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

"Blossom" wrote in message

Thank goodness there is some humour in this camp.
Being so serious is not good gardening in this seasonal time.

--
Blossom

Well that's you killfiled :-((

Happy New Year