Old 28-12-2005, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default V. cold here tonight

It was -3C at 9.30pm and the frost from last night hasn't cleared parts of
the garden all day. Nor has the ice left any of the ponds.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 28-12-2005, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , Sacha
writes
It was -3C at 9.30pm and the frost from last night hasn't cleared parts of
the garden all day. Nor has the ice left any of the ponds.

And there was I thinking that it wasn't as cold as all that because
there was no ice on the canal. (Plenty of ice on ponds, and frost on
shaded bits of ground, and for that matter north-facing roofs.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 28-12-2005, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

Same here in west midlands, although there was little snow here yesterday it
has remained on ground. In places going down to -8c tonight.
Had to run pumps in my ponds for a while as the ice stayed put.
regards
Cineman
.uk...

Old 29-12-2005, 12:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
It was -3C at 9.30pm and the frost from last night hasn't cleared parts of
the garden all day. Nor has the ice left any of the ponds.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Well my new digital thermometer Christmas present says it's 25C outside and
43 inside.
Using pine cones and other more reliable technology it's about 0.5C outside
in this part of W Yorks. Bits of snow etc but nowlt to worry about.

Old 29-12-2005, 06:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
It was -3C at 9.30pm and the frost from last night hasn't cleared parts of
the garden all day. Nor has the ice left any of the ponds.
Sacha

Pffff - that's warm Sacha !
It was -7 here
Jenny

Old 29-12-2005, 06:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Got down to +8 degrees here last night! (ducks and runs for cover)

Mike

Old 29-12-2005, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 29/12/05 8:23 am, in article
, "Draven"
wrote:

snip
I don't even want to think about that! I haven't been outside yet to look
at the thermometer but when I opened the door for the dogs this morning, I
just about perished on the spot! The two Jack Russells took off in their
usual "whoopee look out rabbits" fashion and the dachshund sensibly
returned
to base as fast as his little legs would carry him back to the Aga!

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

-4.6 ATM in my part of Bristol. Lowest was -4.7.

Between -5 and -6 here.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 29-12-2005, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 23:12:23 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

It was -3C at 9.30pm and the frost from last night hasn't cleared parts of
the garden all day. Nor has the ice left any of the ponds.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Minima of -1.5C on Tuesday night, -2C last night, but no snow. Today
+5C, half an inch of rain and very windy, west Cornwall.

--
Chris

Old 29-12-2005, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown

Sacha wrote:

It was -3C at 9.30pm and the frost from last night hasn't cleared parts of
the garden all day. Nor has the ice left any of the ponds.

It was -10C here in North Yorks at 10am this morning in the fog and it
didn't go above -5C for most of the day. More annoying still NEDL
dropped us from mains power due to a wide area HT fault for most of it.

I suspect some of my tender plants are history.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 29-12-2005, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 29/12/05 10:17 pm, in article , "Martin
Brown" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

It was -3C at 9.30pm and the frost from last night hasn't cleared parts of
the garden all day. Nor has the ice left any of the ponds.

It was -10C here in North Yorks at 10am this morning in the fog and it
didn't go above -5C for most of the day. More annoying still NEDL
dropped us from mains power due to a wide area HT fault for most of it.

I suspect some of my tender plants are history.

Ugh. That does sound bad news. I hope your prediction is pessimistic.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk