Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2006, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VX

Default Potting up Jasminium Polyanthum + Acer Palmatum Atropurpureum

I've got two quite small plants that arrived in 3" pots that will both
eventually grow several feet high and I need to know what potting-up strategy
woud be right. They a

1} Jasminium Polyanthum, currently 15" high and throwing out new shoots and
looking like it will really take off soon, my guess is that it could go
straight into a 10' pot now, maybe bigger still- and

2] A 10" Acer Palmatum Atropurpureum- apparently this thin twiggy little
thing is two years old already. This one is alive, but not doing anything at
present, but has many buds. My guess would be this needs a middling-sized
pot, say 6' or so and should be repotted up into progressively bigger pots
until it is two or three feet high when I could- maybe- put it in its final
pot (or the ground).

Any ideas- am I guessing anywhere near right with these?
--
VX (remove alcohol for email)