Old 30-01-2006, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Need flower identification posters

Sue wrote:
I can't believe the general response to this seemingly innocent posting.
There are many different ways of learning.....maybe a poster on a frequently
seen wall (or maybe the door of the loo) is not such a crazy idea.
When my son was learning plant ID's for his RHS course he put labels up all
over the house and it worked really well.

You should see my house and my verandah! It's full of lists. I carry
hundreds of little folded piece of papers with endless list of family
plants, latin names next to common names, diagrams of plant cells,
combination of bedding plants, different grass seeds for bowling greens
and winter sport fields ... it's total madness, but somehow it's the
only way to learn.

I had a think to help Pierrot, and thought about the HDRA's posters but
they are childish as he said. All I have is what I made myself, list
upon list on A3, drawings and the latest is Sacha's hanging basket
suggestions which are really fabulous because quite different to what I
see or have to learn )

Old 31-01-2006, 07:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim C.

Following up to Sacha :

I think the problem most people seem to be addressing is that posters aren't
exactly easy to carry about, unroll and hold up in windy conditions on
gardening sites or in botanic gardens etc. Books would answer his need
better ...

Which of course wasn't even hinted at by the OP.
--
Tim C.
Old 31-01-2006, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Tim C. contains these words:

Following up to Sacha :

I think the problem most people seem to be addressing is that posters
aren't
exactly easy to carry about, unroll and hold up in windy conditions on
gardening sites or in botanic gardens etc. Books would answer his need
better ...

Which of course wasn't even hinted at by the OP.

Why should it? Many OP's questions contain no hint of the best
answer, just because they are so new or inexperienced in that field and
are unused to looking things up.

Janet

Koi Posters AZKalEl Ponds 8 09-06-2004 03:10 PM
list of frequent posters? kenty ;-\) Orchids 23 27-01-2004 07:10 PM
cross posters rot Cass Roses 0 14-03-2003 11:20 PM
Cross posters Larry Harrell alt.forestry 0 19-10-2002 01:36 PM