Old 03-02-2006, 02:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
gardeningtool

Default Plants named Brian

This may seem a bit silly, but we are looking for a plant with "Brian"
in it's name.
We have recently buried a beloved pet in our garden, and would like a
memorial plant to keep the little guy company. It would be a wonderful
reminder of the joy he gave us. Thank you.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

"gardeningtool" wrote in message
oups.com...
This may seem a bit silly, but we are looking for a plant with "Brian"
in it's name.
We have recently buried a beloved pet in our garden, and would like a
memorial plant to keep the little guy company. It would be a wonderful
reminder of the joy he gave us. Thank you.

We have a useful evergreen shrub with gold foliage called Escallonia 'Golden
Brian' which if you can put up with the pink flowers is rather lovely with
clematis and roses through it. You can treat Escallonia as a hedge and trim
as much as you like.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 03-02-2006, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"gardeningtool" wrote in message
oups.com...
This may seem a bit silly, but we are looking for a plant with "Brian"
in it's name.
We have recently buried a beloved pet in our garden, and would like a
memorial plant to keep the little guy company. It would be a wonderful
reminder of the joy he gave us. Thank you.

What about a shrubbery?
Jenny

Old 04-02-2006, 12:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"JennyC" wrote
"gardeningtool" wrote
This may seem a bit silly, but we are looking for a plant with "Brian"
in it's name.snip

What about a shrubbery?

The RHS plantfinder also lists a camellia 'Brian'. Could always be kept in
a large container if the OP doesn't have suitable soil.

I wish more plants would have male names as I like to plant things that
have names of family and friends.

--
Sue

Old 04-02-2006, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Sue" contains these words:

"JennyC" wrote
"gardeningtool" wrote
This may seem a bit silly, but we are looking for a plant with "Brian"
in it's name.snip

What about a shrubbery?

The RHS plantfinder also lists a camellia 'Brian'. Could always be kept in
a large container if the OP doesn't have suitable soil.

I wish more plants would have male names as I like to plant things that
have names of family and friends.

Johnny Cash's song in my head, " A boy named Sue" :-)

I admit to being a sucker for any plant sharing a family name. But for
the purposes of remembrance, we can name any plant "Brian's Tree" or
"Brians Patch", just as people call a memorial seat "Jim's seat" rather
than "oak bench".

All our dead pets (even the mice) have a memorial stone. I don't mean a
carved gravestone, but as big a boulder as we could manhandle to the
grave. Each pet gravestone was surrounded by a circle of thickly planted
snowdrops or wild daffodils, something that would last for many decades
like an annual re-birth of happy memories.

Janet

Old 04-02-2006, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Sue" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote
"gardeningtool" wrote
This may seem a bit silly, but we are looking for a plant with "Brian"
in it's name.snip

What about a shrubbery?

The RHS plantfinder also lists a camellia 'Brian'. Could always be kept in
a large container if the OP doesn't have suitable soil.

I wish more plants would have male names as I like to plant things that
have names of family and friends.

--
Sue

Me too, but my niece refuses to called her new born baby "Amorphophallus"

Old 04-02-2006, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 4/2/06 18:28, in article , "Rupert"
wrote:

"Sue" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote
"gardeningtool" wrote
This may seem a bit silly, but we are looking for a plant with "Brian"
in it's name.snip

What about a shrubbery?

The RHS plantfinder also lists a camellia 'Brian'. Could always be kept in
a large container if the OP doesn't have suitable soil.

I wish more plants would have male names as I like to plant things that
have names of family and friends.

--
Sue

Me too, but my niece refuses to called her new born baby "Amorphophallus"

She may have a point there........ I hardly know whether to congratulate
her or condole with her!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 04-02-2006, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

"Rupert" wrote in message

"Sue" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote
"gardeningtool" wrote
This may seem a bit silly, but we are looking for a plant with "Brian"
in it's name.snip

What about a shrubbery?

The RHS plantfinder also lists a camellia 'Brian'. Could always be kept
in
a large container if the OP doesn't have suitable soil.

I wish more plants would have male names as I like to plant things that
have names of family and friends.

--
Sue

Me too, but my niece refuses to called her new born baby "Amorphophallus"

So she should call him Basil.

Steve

Old 04-02-2006, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:

I wish more plants would have male names as I like to plant things that
have names of family and friends.

Me too, but my niece refuses to called her new born baby "Amorphophallus"

So she should, if it's a girl.

Janet