Old 17-04-2007, 12:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plants named Connor

Can anyone tell me of an available plant with the name of @connor@
A friend's dog has died ad we want to get her a plant to put on his
grave in her garden. Doesn't have to be just Connor, as long as it's
somewhere in the name.
On the Plant finder all 5 plant's detailed are now unavailable
apparently.
(Part of the dog's pedigree name was Eagle Owl but it's easier to get
her a plant
Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 17-04-2007, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
Can anyone tell me of an available plant with the name of @connor@
A friend's dog has died ad we want to get her a plant to put on his
grave in her garden. Doesn't have to be just Connor, as long as it's
somewhere in the name.
On the Plant finder all 5 plant's detailed are now unavailable
apparently.
(Part of the dog's pedigree name was Eagle Owl but it's easier to get
her a plant
Janet

From PlantFinder

Dianthus 'Eileen O'Connor'
Narcissus 'Connor'
Viola 'Connor Glendinning'
Zantedeschia 'Helen O'Connor'

All are in the "last listed" category.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 17-04-2007, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me of an available plant with the name of @connor@
A friend's dog has died ad we want to get her a plant to put on his
grave in her garden. Doesn't have to be just Connor, as long as it's
somewhere in the name.
On the Plant finder all 5 plant's detailed are now unavailable
apparently.
(Part of the dog's pedigree name was Eagle Owl but it's easier to get
her a plant
Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

I only found one, a miniature Pelargonium 'Conner'
Raise a clematis of Rose from seed and name it yourself? (probably a bit
long term!)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 17-04-2007, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
(Part of the dog's pedigree name was Eagle Owl but it's easier to get
her a plant

There's more plants with eagle or owl in the name.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 17-04-2007, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Stewart Robert Hinsley
writes

From PlantFinder

Dianthus 'Eileen O'Connor'
Narcissus 'Connor'
Viola 'Connor Glendinning'
Zantedeschia 'Helen O'Connor'

All are in the "last listed" category.

Yes thanks Stewart, that's what I said in my email! I wondered if anyone
knew any new ones.

Old 17-04-2007, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Charlie Pridham
writes

I only found one, a miniature Pelargonium 'Conner'
Raise a clematis of Rose from seed and name it yourself? (probably a bit
long term!)

No. that will do brilliantly Charlie I'll go in search of it, thank you
very much, never thought of a different spelling.

Janet
Old 17-04-2007, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Charlie Pridham
writes

I only found one, a miniature Pelargonium 'Conner'
Raise a clematis of Rose from seed and name it yourself? (probably a bit
long term!)

Oh bother, Plantfinder says last listed in 2006!

Well never mind, I did try.................
Old 17-04-2007, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Stewart Robert Hinsley
writes

From PlantFinder

Dianthus 'Eileen O'Connor'
Narcissus 'Connor'
Viola 'Connor Glendinning'
Zantedeschia 'Helen O'Connor'

All are in the "last listed" category.

Yes thanks Stewart, that's what I said in my email! I wondered if
anyone knew any new ones.

Sorry - it seems I didn't read past the first paragraph.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 17-04-2007, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Charlie Pridham
writes

I only found one, a miniature Pelargonium 'Conner'
Raise a clematis of Rose from seed and name it yourself? (probably a bit
long term!)

No. that will do brilliantly Charlie I'll go in search of it, thank you
very much, never thought of a different spelling.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

I wasn't trying to be cleaver - just can't spell! but on that vain how about
Dahlia 'Little Conn' ?
or Lamandra 'Little Con' or was he a great Dane?

Old 17-04-2007, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Charlie Pridham
writes

I only found one, a miniature Pelargonium 'Conner'
Raise a clematis of Rose from seed and name it yourself? (probably a bit
long term!)

Oi! You lot! Stop giving your pets Irish names or I will change the name
of our cat to Janet or one of our Degus to Charlie!

Desgruntled in Dublin

Old 17-04-2007, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:09:29 +0100, Janet Tweedy wrote
(in article ):

In article , Charlie Pridham
writes

I only found one, a miniature Pelargonium 'Conner'
Raise a clematis of Rose from seed and name it yourself? (probably a bit
long term!)

Oh bother, Plantfinder says last listed in 2006!

Well never mind, I did try.................

What about something with "dog" in the title? Plantfinder seems to have
quite a choice there.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk