Old 25-03-2003, 03:44 AM
Annabel

Default 1st comma

I saw my first comma of the year in my garden, somewhat early isn't it?.

Bell

Old 25-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Zizz

"Annabel" wrote in message
I saw my first comma of the year in my garden, somewhat early isn't it?.

Bell

Don't know, but I haven't seen too many fullstops yet!

Old 25-03-2003, 08:45 AM
Ian Cundell

In article ,
"Annabel" wrote:

I saw my first comma of the year in my garden, somewhat early isn't it?.

Bell

Saw a tortoiseshell sunning itself day before yesterday. Chased it off
before the cats made a snack of it.

--

"No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does.
So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come.
Old 25-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Neil Jones

"Annabel" wrote in message ...
I saw my first comma of the year in my garden, somewhat early isn't it?.

Bell

No. It is about right. A friend of mine saw one last week. Commas,
like small tortoiseshells, to which they are closely related,
hibernate as adults. Consequently it is possible to see them even on
warm winter days. About now is when the adult hibernating butteflies
emerge anyway.

--
Neil Jones- http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn
Old 25-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Sue

"Annabel" wrote
I saw my first comma of the year in my garden, somewhat early isn't it?.

The sunshine does seem to have brought them out. We had a Tortoiseshell, a
Peacock and a Brimstone all fluttering round the garden on Sunday.

Talking about early - you seem to be in tomorrow already!

Sue

Old 25-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Drakanthus

I saw my first comma of the year in my garden, somewhat early isn't it?.

Bell

I suppose that means Cabbage Whites won't be far behind - starting the garden war
for another year. Soon be time to get nets over the greens.
--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)

Old 25-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

"Annabel" wrote in message
I saw my first comma of the year in my garden, somewhat early isn't it?.

Seen "Small Tortoiseshell", "Peacocks" and "Painted Ladies" on the
allotment over the last few days but no male Brimstones yet which is strange
because they are normally first by some days. All were in surprisingly good
condition.

Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Old 25-03-2003, 04:44 PM
David

What is a comma? Could it be a spelling (or punctuation) error??

David

Old 25-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In article , Annabel
writes
I saw my first comma of the year in my garden, somewhat early isn't it?.

There's been Commas and Tortoiseshells around since about the 17th. (I
haven't seen them in my garden, but I did see them in several other
locations between the 17th and 22nd.

PS: your computer clock seems to be a day fast.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Old 25-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Cerumen

"Annabel" wrote in message
I saw my first comma of the year in my garden, somewhat early isn't it?.

I guess the weather has been warmer than usual, but I'm no butterfly
expert?
--
Chris Thomas
West Cork

Old 25-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Martin Sykes

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
I saw my first comma of the year in my garden, somewhat early isn't it?.

Bell

I suppose that means Cabbage Whites won't be far behind - starting the

garden war
for another year. Soon be time to get nets over the greens.

Yep. Had what looked like a cabbage white two days ago. Only saw it briefly
before it flew over the fence so can't be sure but can't think of what else
it could be.

Martin

Old 25-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Annabel

"David" wrote in message
What is a comma? Could it be a spelling (or punctuation) error??

A butterfly.

Bell

Old 26-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Annabel

People have mentioned my clock in this thread. It reads correct at my
end and other posts have been timed correctly, but thanks for pointing
it out.

Bell

Old 27-03-2003, 12:44 PM
David

Please excuse my ignorance, if I'd seen the tread, I could have worked
that out for myself. Not many butterflies here in S Wales yet, but
wonderfully warm and sunny. The garden is in for a big shock when temps
fall back to normal.
David

June 1st... dave weil Roses 11 08-06-2003 04:56 AM
For Auction on Ebay- "Flora of Australia" Complete set from 1st release to 1989 Paul Wilson Plant Biology 0 27-03-2003 10:56 PM
For Auction on Ebay "Flora of Australia" Complete Set From 1st release to 1989 Paul Wilson Plant Science 0 27-03-2003 02:08 AM
1st lacewing Annabel United Kingdom 0 24-03-2003 10:44 AM
1st season tree watering Ian Cundell United Kingdom 5 19-03-2003 10:44 PM