Old 20-12-2010, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening

Default Birdwatching from the arm chair

Not quite, but from the warmth of indoors and sitting at the computer :-)

Had our 'solo' Long Tailed Tit down on the patio this morning, just the
other side of the patio doors. Had to remember to move my feet before taking
a photo, THAT close.

Then we had quite a flock of LTTs pass through. East to West down the
gardens on all of the feeders in turn, then off. Leaving just the one.

Thrush really close again :-)

But the Blue Tit made the most interesting visit. Am I correct that the one
which roosts overnight in the BTT Box is the male, and the one which pops in
and out during the day if the female housekeeping? Because on a shot I have
of the one leaving the BT Box has something in her/its mouth.

Robin still busy and even the Blackbirds have stopped their territorial
rights and we had 3 down a short while ago.

All that from the warmth of indoors :-)

And some good photos .................................. I hope.

All the snow now cleared from this part, the S.E. section of the Isle of
Wight. Hope you are not too snowed under.

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

Old 20-12-2010, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:
But the Blue Tit made the most interesting visit. Am I correct that
the one which roosts overnight in the BTT Box is the male, and the
one which pops in and out during the day if the female housekeeping?
Because on a shot I have of the one leaving the BT Box has something
in her/its mouth.

I believe they follow a sexist regimen with hen tidying up after cock, no
doubt tut-tutting...

Mike.
--
If reply address is (invalid), remove spurious "@"
and substitute "plus" for +.

Fishing Hurts!NOT relevant to Birdwatching Phil L United Kingdom 0 29-12-2006 09:30 PM
FA/FS: Cheap Chair Australia 0 25-03-2006 02:20 AM
Birdwatching Dave the exTrailer United Kingdom 8 20-02-2006 11:21 PM
FS: Antique Rocking Chair - Rare & Beautifully Restored Ebay Auction Australia 0 16-11-2005 08:07 AM