Old 20-02-2006, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

Default dying jasmine - please help

I've inherited what I think is an evergreen jasmine. It is growing up a
southeast facing wall. It is very green, tangled and bushy. It had a few
white jasmine like (looks and scent) flowers in the summer. It now looks
like it is dying, with big clumps of leaves going brown. It has not dried
out or become waterlogged. Any suggestions please? Should I cut it back?
TIA,

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Old 20-02-2006, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

"H Ryder" wrote in message
I've inherited what I think is an evergreen jasmine. It is growing up a
southeast facing wall. It is very green, tangled and bushy. It had a few
white jasmine like (looks and scent) flowers in the summer. It now looks
like it is dying, with big clumps of leaves going brown. It has not dried
out or become waterlogged. Any suggestions please? Should I cut it back?
TIA,

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

The summer Jasmine hangs on to its leaves most way through the winter then
sheds, mine went about 2 weeks ago, its normal. You can shorted the long
trails back now if required, leave short stubs of a few buds on each one,
(it will flower better)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Jasmine dying back Sean2525 Gardening 0 30-04-2017 08:47 AM
Please help with Jasmine! danny22 Gardening 5 12-02-2008 12:10 PM
jasmine dying :( danny22 United Kingdom 3 10-02-2008 02:52 PM
Please identify this bush - Jasmine ? > United Kingdom 3 20-09-2004 02:27 PM
Help: Fish STILL dying (was "fish are dying" JGW Ponds 16 15-06-2004 01:06 AM