Old 31-03-2003, 07:44 PM
William Tasso

Default Where's the rain?

Greetings movers and shakers (earth-workers)

The wasteland out the back that we call a garden has been weeded, dug and
turned and weeded again, the borders have been marked and the shrubs buried
up to their ankles. Old, dead growth has been cut back and a campaign of
general tidying and husbandry launched. The rockery is coming down and now
the rocks are laying in a not very attractive pattern on the remaining bed.
What is that called when you have a flat rockery as opposed to a 3D rockery?
There were some heathers on the rockery and they've been shifted to their
own new bed out the front. The other surviving plants have found new homes
elsewhere in the garden or in pots/tubs till we think of a new plan. Plenty
more propogation from last years (and the year before etc.) shrubs through
separation (there's probably a proper name for that) and a few self-seeds so
now we seem to have more plants than we know what to do with.

There's a kids area at the top of the garden for swings, play houses and
hula-hoops etc. Child #2 has decided that part of the play area is to be
her very own vegetable patch so we have diligently reclaimed a patch and
planted some radishes (favourite kids crop round here) and stuff. So now we
appear to have the makings of a garden that works for all of us at last.

The area designated to be the lawn has been turned, raked, stoned, raked,
levelled, raked, stoned and raked. The seed has been cast and a final
gentle raking to cover has been applied. I suspect the birds will still get
more than their fair share though despite copious applications of water
which brings me on to the subject of this post - Where's the rain?

It's been promised for days now, still we have yet to see a single drop.
Couldn't have managed the above if March had been wet but now we're ready,
so bring on the April showers.

--
William Tasso

Old 31-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Steve Warren @ The UK Speedtrap Guide

"William Tasso" wrote in message
Greetings movers and shakers (earth-workers)

Snip

The area designated to be the lawn has been turned, raked, stoned, raked,
levelled, raked, stoned and raked. The seed has been cast and a final
gentle raking to cover has been applied. I suspect the birds will still

get
more than their fair share though despite copious applications of water
which brings me on to the subject of this post - Where's the rain?

It's been promised for days now, still we have yet to see a single drop.
Couldn't have managed the above if March had been wet but now we're ready,
so bring on the April showers.

--
William Tasso

Within 24 hours and could be very windy..
Steve

--
For the most up to date information on police SpeedTrap equipment in the UK.
Product tests, reviews and Legal Advice.

Old 31-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Zizz

"Steve Warren @ The UK Speedtrap Guide" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Beans again eh?
)

Old 31-03-2003, 11:56 PM
William Tasso

wrote in message ...

"William Tasso" wrote in message
copious applications of water which brings me on to the subject of
this post - Where's the rain?

It's been promised for days now, still we have yet to see a single
drop. Couldn't have managed the above if March had been wet but now
we're ready, so bring on the April showers.

Within 24 hours and could be very windy..

Beans again eh?

Tried that, was about as successful as running round in circles invoking the
Rain God. Any other ideas?

--
William Tasso

Old 01-04-2003, 10:44 AM
Stephen WILLIAMS

It's here!!
Steve

Old 01-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Victoria Clare

"William Tasso" wrote in
:

It's been promised for days now, still we have yet to see a single
drop. Couldn't have managed the above if March had been wet but now
we're ready, so bring on the April showers.

Now look what you did!
Bet we don't see the sun till September now...
Old 01-04-2003, 11:44 AM
William Tasso

Victoria Clare wrote:
"William Tasso" wrote in
:

It's been promised for days now, still we have yet to see a single
drop. Couldn't have managed the above if March had been wet but now
we're ready, so bring on the April showers.

Now look what you did!
Bet we don't see the sun till September now...

Yabba dabba dooby doo ;o)

Started raining here at 10:20 this morning ;o)

--
William Tasso

Old 01-04-2003, 04:08 PM
King

A Japanese garden?

Klara

In message , William Tasso
writes
What is that called when you have a flat rockery as opposed to a 3D
rockery?

--
On Surrey/Sussex/Kent border
remove nospam to e-mail

Old 01-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Natalie

"
Yabba dabba dooby doo ;o)

Started raining here at 10:20 this morning ;o)

It started raining at school at 11am...immediately after playtime. I was
very pleased as we got the grounds watered and I didn't have to do wet play
duty - I hate it when the children don't to go outside!!!

Natalie

Old 01-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Michael Berridge

Steve Warren @ The UK Speedtrap Guide wrote in message ...

Within 24 hours and could be very windy..
Steve

Definitely here today in Lincolnshire, good job I got my shed re-roofed
yesterday and also got it painted. I also trimmed a couple of 10 year
old leylandii, posters here might be pleased to note that they are now 2
inches high.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 01-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Natalie

Definitely here today in Lincolnshire, good job I got my shed re-roofed
yesterday and also got it painted. I also trimmed a couple of 10 year
old leylandii, posters here might be pleased to note that they are now 2
inches high.

Sounds like more than a trim Mike ;-)

Natalie

Old 02-04-2003, 08:08 AM
William Tasso

Natalie wrote:
"
Yabba dabba dooby doo ;o)

Started raining here at 10:20 this morning ;o)

It started raining at school at 11am...immediately after playtime. I
was very pleased as we got the grounds watered and I didn't have to
do wet play duty - I hate it when the children don't to go outside!!!

We have three of the little darlings, and that's another reason I need the
rain. Their play area is completely isolated now the grass seed is down. I
could use loads of rain between now and the Easter holidays to keep them
indoors.

--
William Tasso