Old 27-02-2006, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default uk.rec.gardening

Pedt wrote:
Another troll ... How amusing.

Whilst I have only posted here before when taking a vote that involved
this group, you are so wrong ~ as a simple bit of Googling would tell
you.

Not you Pedt !! You know me )

It's that Janet Barramad who's taken me under her wing ... a bit of a
fantasist I fear. According to many in here, she's a bit 'lonely' and
has something with foreeneers I think.

Your advice are amazing. I had downloaded Thunderbird - and for 2 days
it seemed fine. Suddenly it went wrong. I've posted 3x same posts on
other forums and I don't have a good head on for this late at night. So
I'll ask someone to help me.

Thank you Pedt. But perhaps the cross posting could now stop?!

Old 27-02-2006, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Yes, that's why he was politely telling you that you're a lying
fantasist. As usual, you were too thick to understand what you read.

Shut up will you. JUST SHUT UP!!!! What is your problem Janet?!?!?!
Leave me be. I have known Pedt for years. Yes I know he helped start
this group. So what?!! So did Stewart from Boatrix! So bloody what?!
I've had my discussions with Pedt. Something you seem unable to do
because you've decided from the begining to give me a hard time. Like
you did to many in here. They keep telling me to keep posting, but you
know you're getting on my tits now.

And do you honestly think that you are the only one here with a life, a
story, a past?! Get a life and get of my case!

Old 28-02-2006, 01:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pedt

In message .com, at
15:11:33 on Mon, 27 Feb 2006, La Puce wibbled

[verbals snipped]
I have known Pedt for years. Yes I know he helped start this group.

Please get your facts straight, I had nothing to do with the creation of
this group in 1995. I merely took the allotments scion vote in 2004.
http://groups.google.ru/group/uk.net...531a2f268e43ef

--
Pedt
uk.announce ~ moderated group to announce news / events of specific interest to
Old 28-02-2006, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Janet Baraclough wrote:
LOL. That would be a novelty.

Why don't you go back to Rural and get your ass well beaten like
yesterday LOL!! Poor woman - you just don't know when to stop don't you.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:12 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gardening
Dave J.

In . uk within
uk.net.news.config, 'Rusty Hinge 2' wrote:

The message
from Dave Fawthrop contains these words:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:44:49 -0000, "Dr Zoidberg"
wrote:

Change the charter of uk.rec.gardening to forbid any crossposting, and
enforce it with a cancelbot would work.

No it wouldn't.

An AI cancelbot that could automatically remove messages that contain
nothing but off topic rants about trollery, perhaps along with code that
auto-removed any message deemed pointless other than its wind up capacity
for a potential troll, now that would have wondrous results I think.

Dave J.

Old 02-03-2006, 11:48 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gardening
Wm...

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 22:12:26
uk.net.news.config Dave J.

wrote:

Change the charter of uk.rec.gardening to forbid any crossposting, and
enforce it with a cancelbot would work.

No it wouldn't.

An AI cancelbot that could automatically remove messages that contain
nothing but off topic rants about trollery, perhaps along with code that
auto-removed any message deemed pointless other than its wind up capacity
for a potential troll, now that would have wondrous results I think.

You'd probably make a lot of money if you got it right.

--
Wm ...
Old 03-03-2006, 12:13 AM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Wm... wrote:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 22:12:26
uk.net.news.config Dave J.

[...]
An AI cancelbot that could automatically remove messages that contain
nothing but off topic rants about trollery, perhaps along with code
that auto-removed any message deemed pointless other than its wind
up capacity for a potential troll, now that would have wondrous
results I think.

You'd probably make a lot of money if you got it right.

So much money, if it could do that properly, that it would never get
near Usenet. The CIA would snap it up.

--
Mike.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:27 AM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gardening
Dave Fawthrop

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 22:12:26 +0000, Dave J. wrote:

|In . uk within
|uk.net.news.config, 'Rusty Hinge 2' wrote:
|
|The message
|from Dave Fawthrop contains these words:
|
| On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:44:49 -0000, "Dr Zoidberg"
| wrote:
|

| Change the charter of uk.rec.gardening to forbid any crossposting, and
| enforce it with a cancelbot would work.
|
|No it wouldn't.
|
|An AI cancelbot that could automatically remove messages that contain
|nothing but off topic rants about trollery, perhaps along with code that
|auto-removed any message deemed pointless other than its wind up capacity
|for a potential troll, now that would have wondrous results I think.

If you read what you quoted, the cancellbot would only catch crosposting.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are
Old 03-03-2006, 05:15 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gardening
Charles Lindsey

In Dave J. writes:

An AI cancelbot that could automatically remove messages that contain
nothing but off topic rants about trollery, perhaps along with code that
auto-removed any message deemed pointless other than its wind up capacity
for a potential troll, now that would have wondrous results I think.

That is a technique known as "retro-moderation". It is specifically
forbidden by our Guidelines.

Tel: +44 161 436 6131 Fax: +44 161 436 6133 Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9 Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5
Old 04-03-2006, 07:40 AM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gardening
Dave Fawthrop

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 17:15:01 GMT, "Charles Lindsey"
wrote:

|In Dave J. writes:
|
|An AI cancelbot that could automatically remove messages that contain
|nothing but off topic rants about trollery, perhaps along with code that
|auto-removed any message deemed pointless other than its wind up capacity
|for a potential troll, now that would have wondrous results I think.
|
|That is a technique known as "retro-moderation". It is specifically
|forbidden by our Guidelines.

I was *not* proposing moderation at all.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:08 AM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gardening
Mark Goodge

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 07:40:02 +0000, Dave Fawthrop put finger to
keyboard and typed:

wrote:

|In Dave J. writes:
|
|An AI cancelbot that could automatically remove messages that contain
|nothing but off topic rants about trollery, perhaps along with code that
|auto-removed any message deemed pointless other than its wind up capacity
|for a potential troll, now that would have wondrous results I think.
|
|That is a technique known as "retro-moderation". It is specifically
|forbidden by our Guidelines.

I was *not* proposing moderation at all.

You suggested using a cancelbot to enforce the charter. That is
retromoderation, as defined (and banned) in the guidelines.

Mark
--
Visit: http://www.MineOfUseless.info - everything you never needed to know!
Listen: http://www.goodge.co.uk/files/dweeb.mp3 - you'll love it!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:22 AM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gardening
Dave Fawthrop

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 08:08:52 +0000, Mark Goodge
wrote:

|On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 07:40:02 +0000, Dave Fawthrop put finger to
|keyboard and typed:
|
|On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 17:15:01 GMT, "Charles Lindsey"
|wrote:
|
||In Dave J. writes:
||An AI cancelbot that could automatically remove messages that contain
||nothing but off topic rants about trollery, perhaps along with code that
||auto-removed any message deemed pointless other than its wind up capacity
||for a potential troll, now that would have wondrous results I think.
||That is a technique known as "retro-moderation". It is specifically
||forbidden by our Guidelines.
|
|I was *not* proposing moderation at all.
|
|You suggested using a cancelbot to enforce the charter. That is
|retromoderation, as defined (and banned) in the guidelines.

Strictly no! I was *not* suggesting moderation in any form.

The *principle* of cancellation for posts with a BI of more than 20 has
already been accepted for *years*. My suggestion is only an extension of
this.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:48 AM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gardening
Mark Goodge

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 09:22:43 +0000, Dave Fawthrop put finger to
keyboard and typed:

wrote:

|On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 07:40:02 +0000, Dave Fawthrop put finger to
|keyboard and typed:
|
|On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 17:15:01 GMT, "Charles Lindsey"
|wrote:
|
||In Dave J. writes:
||An AI cancelbot that could automatically remove messages that contain
||nothing but off topic rants about trollery, perhaps along with code that
||auto-removed any message deemed pointless other than its wind up capacity
||for a potential troll, now that would have wondrous results I think.
||That is a technique known as "retro-moderation". It is specifically
||forbidden by our Guidelines.
|
|I was *not* proposing moderation at all.
|
|You suggested using a cancelbot to enforce the charter. That is
|retromoderation, as defined (and banned) in the guidelines.

Strictly no! I was *not* suggesting moderation in any form.

Enforcing the charter by means of deciding which articles are
permitted, either pre-publication or post-publication, is moderation.
You would also need someone (or a group of people) with the authority
to run the cancelbot on behalf of the group; this would make them
de-facto moderators.

The *principle* of cancellation for posts with a BI of more than 20 has
already been accepted for *years*. My suggestion is only an extension of
this.

Spam cancellation is content-neutral and independent of any charter.
Even so, it remains somewhat controversial. Cancelling posts by
reference to individual group charters is retromoderation, however you
try to dress it up.

Mark
--
Visit: http://www.GoogleFun.info - fun and games with Google!
Listen: http://www.goodge.co.uk/files/dweeb.mp3 - you'll love it!
Old 04-03-2006, 10:01 AM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Dave Fawthrop
writes

writes:
||An AI cancelbot that could automatically remove messages that contain
||nothing but off topic rants about trollery, perhaps along with code that
||auto-removed any message deemed pointless other than its wind up capacity
||for a potential troll, now that would have wondrous results I think.
||That is a technique known as "retro-moderation". It is specifically
||forbidden by our Guidelines.
|
|I was *not* proposing moderation at all.
|
|You suggested using a cancelbot to enforce the charter. That is
|retromoderation, as defined (and banned) in the guidelines.

Strictly no! I was *not* suggesting moderation in any form.

The *principle* of cancellation for posts with a BI of more than 20 has
already been accepted for *years*. My suggestion is only an extension of
this.

Dave - pack it in. History shows that spammers seem to stick to you
like the proverbial unmentionable stuff to a blanket. We don't want any
more here.
--
June Hughes
Old 04-03-2006, 10:16 AM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gardening
Dave the exTrailer

wrote:

|On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 07:40:02 +0000, Dave Fawthrop put finger to
|keyboard and typed:
|
|On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 17:15:01 GMT, "Charles Lindsey"
|wrote:
|
||In Dave J. writes:
||An AI cancelbot that could automatically remove messages that contain
||nothing but off topic rants about trollery, perhaps along with code that
||auto-removed any message deemed pointless other than its wind up capacity
||for a potential troll, now that would have wondrous results I think.
||That is a technique known as "retro-moderation". It is specifically
||forbidden by our Guidelines.
|
|I was *not* proposing moderation at all.
|
|You suggested using a cancelbot to enforce the charter. That is
|retromoderation, as defined (and banned) in the guidelines.

Strictly no! I was *not* suggesting moderation in any form.

The *principle* of cancellation for posts with a BI of more than 20 has
already been accepted for *years*. My suggestion is only an extension of
this.

Please **** off from uk.rec.gardening

We really arent interested in your pompous know it all crap