Old 26-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Registered User

Default Mina Lobata

Hi,

I'm a novice. This is my second year with a garden. Last year I grew plenty of flowers from seed and this year I'm trying a little harder. I'm sure I'll have plenty of failures but would really like success with Mina Lobata. I bought some from Suttons and following the pack instructions sowed them in various indoor spots in mid Jan and early Feb. Most germinated and reached about three inches with two leaves. However, they are now dying off one by one. Just shrivelling. I have kept a few seeds back and would welcome any advice from someone who has grown them. I live in London and they have had reasonable light while temperatures in my house vary from 26 to 17 celsius. Most other seedlings are coming along fine.

Thanks,

Marcus
Old 01-03-2006, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"marcfrom" wrote in message

Hi,

I'm a novice. This is my second year with a garden. Last year I grew
plenty of flowers from seed and this year I'm trying a little harder.
I'm sure I'll have plenty of failures but would really like success
with Mina Lobata. I bought some from Suttons and following the pack
instructions sowed them in various indoor spots in mid Jan and early
Feb. Most germinated and reached about three inches with two leaves.
However, they are now dying off one by one. Just shrivelling. I have
kept a few seeds back and would welcome any advice from someone who has
grown them. I live in London and they have had reasonable light while
temperatures in my house vary from 26 to 17 celsius. Most other
seedlings are coming along fine.

Thanks, Marcus

I've never had trouble with them myself, but perhaps you planted them a bit too
early. I don't usually plant seeds until next week or even later.

Are yours perhaps:
too damp
in a draught

Jenny

[IBC] Quercus Lobata ian Bonsai 2 02-04-2004 08:17 AM
Echinocystis lobata Kenneth Moore Plant Science 4 07-11-2003 05:32 PM
Laelia lobata alba GrlIntrpted Orchids 7 18-08-2003 11:12 PM