Old 13-03-2006, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

In message , Martin
writes
On 13 Mar 2006 04:17:22 -0800, "La Puce" wrote:

Poor
Mike. She drove him loopy! He is a typical example.

Mike was as he is now long before he posted to urg. It must only be a
matter of time before he returns unless he fell off the back of a boat
somewhere exotic.

I wonder if dear Alan Gould will come back? His knowledge was second
to none. As was that of Chris and various others who used to post here.
We all had a few scraps in winter but nothing serious. It was fun.

--
June Hughes
Old 13-03-2006, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 12/3/06 20:53, in article , "BAC"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 10/3/06 14:47, in article
,
"BAC"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 10/3/06 13:19, in article
,
"June
snip

Unfortunately, Puce's habit of naming people she emails with has led

some
bad feeling on here and as Janet has been grossly insulted over and

over
again, it's not hard to understand her indignation at someone who is
clearly
a Puce supporter and yet is urging the group towards harmony and good
conduct! Perhaps now that Puce appears to have taken a well-timed

bow
and
departed, we can get over the nastiness she and those who egged her

on,
contributed to.

What about June's post makes you think she is clearly a 'Puce

supporter'?

All she was doing, IMO, was criticising Rupert for what she clearly

regarded
as an insensitive and ill timed wisecrack, not defending or supporting

la
Puce.

I'm not getting into an argument over this because I hope it's over. I

will
merely refer you to Puce's apparently 'departing' post. And I will

remind
you that in all the abuse hurled at Janet there are some who have said

not
one word of condemnation to Puce but now, at the final hour, attempt to
defend her.

I read June's post more as a criticism of its timing and its likelihood

of
stirring matters up again than a defence of La Puce. If she had said
something along the lines that the remark was unfair, inaccurate and an
unwarranted slur on her good friend La Puce, that would be 'defence',

IMO,
but she said nothing of the sort.

Of course not. June tries not to commit herself to anything that will
implicate her and put her in bad odour with a group. From personal
experience, I know that she works in the background wherever possible and
then whinges to a group about the person she has made into an enemy. It's
sly and dishonest, IMO.

That's enough for me. My money was never in any danger.

Money?

Someone bet me that June was one of those emailing Puce and stirring her

up.
I wouldn't take the bet because I was absolutely certain June was doing

just
that. I was right.

Oh, dear, I hadn't realised I had stumbled into episode N of a long running
feud. Roll on the Spring - hopefully it won't be just the ice outside which
thaws out a bit in time.

Old 13-03-2006, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Trevor" wrote in message
Have they gone?...Is it safe to peer out into the garden again?

Yeah, come and lean on the fence for a natter :~)
Jenny

Old 14-03-2006, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Trevor

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Trevor" wrote in message
Have they gone?...Is it safe to peer out into the garden again?

Yeah, come and lean on the fence for a natter :~)
Jenny

Where's your garden then Jenny?

Old 14-03-2006, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Trevor" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Trevor" wrote in message
Have they gone?...Is it safe to peer out into the garden again?

Yeah, come and lean on the fence for a natter :~)
Jenny

Where's your garden then Jenny?

Rotterdam ATM
Will be the Dordogne asap :~))

Jenny
www.ljconline.nl/garden/indexgarden.htm

Old 14-03-2006, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Trevor

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Trevor" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Trevor" wrote in message
Have they gone?...Is it safe to peer out into the garden again?

Yeah, come and lean on the fence for a natter :~)
Jenny

Where's your garden then Jenny?

Rotterdam ATM
Will be the Dordogne asap :~))

Jenny
www.ljconline.nl/garden/indexgarden.htm

Wow. We went on a Eurocamp hol (my wife and son -11 tomorrow) in 2004 to the
Bordeaux coast for 2 weeks, but were horrified at nothing but Pine trees, so
changed the second week to the Dordogne, near Belves. Having only seen
Brittany, Paris, and the Bordeaux Pine trees and sand dunes, I was
gobsmacked to see that side of France.

We went to the Auvergne last May for a week. About 40 km SE of Clermont
Ferrand.

We're going to Languedoc for two weeks in 3 weeks time.

I have two jobs and one I work from home as a weather forecaster. One of our
weather forecasters lives in the S of France, and we often discuss moving,
but with 4 aged parents etc etc, it's difficult. The other idea is a holiday
cottage equipped so I can work from there in the school hols.

http://www.weatherquest.co.uk/Content/About.asp

http://www.eastriding.gov.uk/az/az_d...z_selected=491

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/bbcweat...appleton.shtml

Trevor
East Yorkshire

Old 15-03-2006, 06:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Trevor" wrote
"JennyC" wrote in
Have they gone?...Is it safe to peer out into the garden again?
Yeah, come and lean on the fence for a natter :~)
Jenny

Where's your garden then Jenny?

Rotterdam ATM
Will be the Dordogne asap :~))
Jenny

www.ljconline.nl/garden/indexgarden.htm

Wow. We went on a Eurocamp hol (my wife and son -11 tomorrow) in 2004 to the
Bordeaux coast for 2 weeks, but were horrified at nothing but Pine trees

Its indeed boring scenery around Bordeaux. The sand dunes go on and on and
on........ But France is a huge country and there are some spectacular bits too
:~)) If you like mountains then the Alps and Pyrenees are amazing. The Tarn
area is also lovely.

We're going to Languedoc for two weeks in 3 weeks time.

Oh - envy !!

I have two jobs and one I work from home as a weather forecaster.

I've been away from the UK since the early 70's so am not up with broadcasters
names :~(

But I hear you are quiet famous !!

One of our weather forecasters lives in the S of France, and we often discuss

moving,
but with 4 aged parents etc etc, it's difficult. The other idea is a holiday
cottage equipped so I can work from there in the school hols.

There are masses of houses for sale ATM, so you just need to pick an area you
like and start looking :~) The Dordogne is good because you can fly to Bergerac
easily from various UK airports. Or the drive is not too bad. Depends where you
live. OOps North Yorkshire !! Not sure about connections from there.

Jenny

Old 15-03-2006, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
newsb

In article , Trevor
writes

Wow. We went on a Eurocamp hol (my wife and son -11 tomorrow) in 2004 to the
Bordeaux coast for 2 weeks, but were horrified at nothing but Pine trees,

I've seen some Eurocamp areas on that coast (mainly up a bit further
north of Royan, where the mouth of the Gironde becomes coast) that
always sem to be located in vast reams of pine forest. However, inland
from that is lovely and in general, a lot less "spoiled" and more "wild"
than parts of the Dordogne.

--
regards andyw