Old 10-03-2006, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

Was there any need for that?

How strange that you have never made that response to the scores of far
more offensive and malicious posts by the person Rupert addressed.

As I have already said in a further reply to Rupert, which you seem to
have missed, we are trying to get back on to an even keel here. Remarks
like Rupert's do not help. He apologised and I thought that was the end
of it but as usual, you had to stick your oar in. Have you nothing else
to do? As for offensive and malicious remarks, I seem to recall you did
your share. I don't think I need say more and certainly don't intend
to justify myself to you. Now, please can we get on with the gardening
and stop scaring people off?
--
June Hughes
Old 10-03-2006, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 10/3/06 13:19, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

Was there any need for that?

How strange that you have never made that response to the scores of far
more offensive and malicious posts by the person Rupert addressed.

As I have already said in a further reply to Rupert, which you seem to
have missed, we are trying to get back on to an even keel here. Remarks
like Rupert's do not help. He apologised and I thought that was the end
of it but as usual, you had to stick your oar in. Have you nothing else
to do? As for offensive and malicious remarks, I seem to recall you did
your share. I don't think I need say more and certainly don't intend
to justify myself to you. Now, please can we get on with the gardening
and stop scaring people off?

Your last sentence is a very good idea, in general. But it would be greatly
assisted if you play your part, too and stop dropping dark and leaden hints
about people you dislike on here and what real or imagined slights you feel
they have dealt you in the long-distant past. That way, we could *all* start
with a clean slate and hope the trolling past is behind us, too.
Unfortunately, Puce's habit of naming people she emails with has led to some
bad feeling on here and as Janet has been grossly insulted over and over
again, it's not hard to understand her indignation at someone who is clearly
a Puce supporter and yet is urging the group towards harmony and good
conduct! Perhaps now that Puce appears to have taken a well-timed bow and
departed, we can get over the nastiness she and those who egged her on,
contributed to.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 10-03-2006, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Sacha
writes
Hughes" wrote:

[...]

And to think I had just started reading your posts again, after your
brief visit to uk f+d during the last couple of weeks, when you were all
sweetness and light. What sort of result do you think your above post
achieved except to display an attempt to irritate? The high-handed
attitude is all very well if you own something but you do not own this
ng and you certainly do not have any power over me. Perhaps we can now
settle down to gardening - yet again. As you suggested some time ago,
it would be better if you and I ignored each other and that suits me
fine.
--
June Hughes
Old 10-03-2006, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes

snip pompous tirade

I don't think I need say more

Then don't. People from the distant past may actually start to come
back here then.

Now, please can we get on with the gardening

The day you start posting here about gardening, I'll look out my
special recipe for cooking beebonnets.

Surely you mean Scotch bonnets? Get looking.
--
June Hughes
Old 10-03-2006, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Sacha" wrote

Perhaps now that Puce appears to have taken a well-timed bow and
departed, we can get over the nastiness she and those who egged her on,
contributed to.

Pot calling the kettle black Sacha!!

I've tried not to get mixed up in this affair, but cannot be quiet any longer.

I'm sure and Janet are wonderful loving people but you don't show it much in URG
:~((

I suppose because you are both long term participants, you seem to think you own
the place. I wonder just how many people have been put of by the pair of you?

Pity as gardening should be a friendly relaxing thing...........

Jenny (ducking down behind the compost bin to avoid the flack)

Old 10-03-2006, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Trevor

Default RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over

"undergroundbob" wrote in message

What about 'define senescence'?? That had us all squeaking up here
(those sitting in Edinburgh). I've looked it up and I'm still no
wiser. From comments it seems that no course can hope to cover all the
random stuff the RHS has to choose from.

I mean, what was that one about the organisation for protecting plant
diversity about? I'd never heard of them!

Our tutors had given us a copy of every exam paper in ther past 7 years. I
did 6 hours revision in the last 6 days, and on the morning of the exam saw
this question and went to ther NCCPG website. There it gave you 3 things
they are doing to further plant conservation:

640 National Plant Collections

40 area groups

the Demeter database project.

Just lucky I spotted it!

Gutted I didn't get the chance to use all the other stuff I'd learned
too. Hard to see when knowing the definitions of meosis and mitosis
will come into general conversation. Although I'm delighted I
memorised the defenition of parathenocarpy.

Does anyone know what the passmark is? So I can count up all the ones
I just guessed at and know roughly what to expect...

Passmark is 50% and distinction is 75%

I hadn't;t a clue what the parts of a flower were or what mitosis or meiosis
where until 2 days before the exam!

Old 10-03-2006, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Trevor

"K" wrote in message
news
undergroundbob writes

I mean, what was that one about the organisation for protecting plant
diversity about? I'd never heard of them!

Which was that? Plantlife?

NCCPG

Old 10-03-2006, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Trevor

"undergroundbob" wrote in message

What about 'define senescence'?? That had us all squeaking up here
(those sitting in Edinburgh). I've looked it up and I'm still no
wiser. From comments it seems that no course can hope to cover all the
random stuff the RHS has to choose from.

It was in a past exam paper, but when revising I couldn't find anything
about it. I waffled in the end about leaves changing colour and absyssic
acid.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Trevor

Flippin' 'eck what did I start here? I thought gardening was about the
plants and the bees!

Old 10-03-2006, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Trevor" wrote in message
Flippin' 'eck what did I start here? I thought gardening was about the
plants and the bees!

Ecky-Thump--plants can be poisonous and bees sting but not all the time:-)

Old 10-03-2006, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Trevor
writes
Flippin' 'eck what did I start here? I thought gardening was about the
plants and the bees!

It is, it is, Trevor. So long as it is about bees and not wasps, I am
happy. (OK, I know wasps do a lot of good but I am still very scared of
them. Someone who used to post here years ago and who is a very
well-respected gardener in urg is allergic to wasps and has to carry his
medication at all times).
--
June Hughes
Old 10-03-2006, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Rupert
writes

"Trevor" wrote in message
Flippin' 'eck what did I start here? I thought gardening was about the
plants and the bees!

Ecky-Thump--plants can be poisonous and bees sting but not all the time:-)

At least they are a bit more careful about stinging than wasps, unless
of course they have a death-wish.
--
June Hughes
Old 10-03-2006, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Trevor

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Trevor
writes
Flippin' 'eck what did I start here? I thought gardening was about the
plants and the bees!

It is, it is, Trevor. So long as it is about bees and not wasps, I am
happy. (OK, I know wasps do a lot of good but I am still very scared of
them. Someone who used to post here years ago and who is a very
well-respected gardener in urg is allergic to wasps and has to carry his
medication at all times).
--

Yes. I had a friend as a boy who went into a coma if he got stung. I
remember seeing him eat toast and jam in the street and a wasp landed on his