Old 10-03-2006, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lynda Thornton

Default Rhododendron Pink Pearl

Hi

I am considering an upright growing and tall rhododendron for a semi-
shady corner of our garden - there are already rhododendrons and other
acid-loving plants here and it is a woodland type setting, so I know the
soil is OK.

My question is what are people's experiences of the final or mature
height of Rhododendron Pink Pearl? I am looking for something that will
grow fast, to 12ft or more, will this fit the bill? Are there any other
suggestions for an upright growing rhododendron or similar that will get
to that kind of height?

Many thanks.
--
Lynda Thornton
Old 10-03-2006, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Lynda Thornton" wrote in message
Hi

I am considering an upright growing and tall rhododendron for a semi-
shady corner of our garden - there are already rhododendrons and other
acid-loving plants here and it is a woodland type setting, so I know the
soil is OK.

My question is what are people's experiences of the final or mature
height of Rhododendron Pink Pearl? I am looking for something that will
grow fast, to 12ft or more, will this fit the bill? Are there any other
suggestions for an upright growing rhododendron or similar that will get
to that kind of height?

Many thanks.
--
Lynda Thornton

I have no experience of Pink Pearl-let's hope someone else has.
12 feet or more is quite possible but it won't happen fast.
I had a look at Pink Pearl on this site and they reckon it's about 6 feet
after 10 years. If you want to spend a fair bit of brass then they do
supply more mature specimens.
http://www.brae.co.uk/list.html

Sorbus rockii 'Pink Pearl' Emery Davis[_4_] United Kingdom 0 31-10-2011 10:46 AM
Freshwater Pearl Necklace Sets Foundation for the Perfect Look(freshwater pearl necklaces) zax Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 01-04-2008 05:56 PM
Arum Lily (Black pearl) Avril United Kingdom 7 21-07-2003 04:42 AM
Pearl garlic Pen Edible Gardening 4 20-04-2003 09:44 PM
Source/Replacement for Ruby Pearl Edible Gardening 1 04-03-2003 09:03 PM