Old 13-03-2006, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default **HOW'S SCOTLAND DOING?**

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 12/3/06 10:11, in article ,
"Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

Woke up to three inches of snow this morning, the most that has ever
fallen on this garden since we came to Arran. Dog was dumbfounded :-)

I gather Glasgow has snow refugees caught in town overnight, and
Ayrshire was badly hit too..how are you Joan?

Good grief! Ray said something to me about snow in the north but I had no
idea you'd had that much! I hope it hasn't done any damage to anyone's
gardens. We have Alliums and tulips emerging here, Tete a Tete daffs are
blooming and one particular and apparently un-named hellebore has been in
flower since November.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

That's North with a capital N and in this bit of W Yorks we ain't not had no
snow ( a few inches).
Incidentally, the woman from Sainsbury's said the daffs, you were querying,
were Tate et Tate and gave me a number for further info --don't think I will
bother:-)

Old 13-03-2006, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 13/3/06 12:10, in article , "Rupert"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 12/3/06 10:11, in article ,
"Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

[...]

Pshaw! They were NOT Tete a Tete at all! Not only do we grow those here,
they're my husband's favourite daff. When I rang Sainsbury's, I was told
that they needed the bar code from the wrapper to help me. Naturally, I
didn't have it any more. So, I bought some more daffodils that looked
similar in tight bud and were the same price at the same store. But they're
not the same flower and are nothing like as scented. Thanks so much for
trying, Rupert. I think I might now have to wait until next year and try
again, this time keeping the bar code!
Glad to hear that you're not affected by bad weather but am wondering what
it has been like elsewhere. We heard yesterday that Glasgow airport was
shut, for example.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk