Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-03-2006, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Holly, in France

Default Is there ANYTHING....

.....anything at all that will out-compete brambles and nettles?! I have
battled with a bank next to a stream for four years, trying to dig them
out and keep them cut. Now there are mice near a waterfall (which I
don't want to poison - cat and barn owls), coypu coming and going, the
dog has joined in the digging trying to get at the mice and the whole
thing is becoming more and more of a mess! I've just cleaned it all up
again as well as I can. Trying to keep membrane/polythene in place would
be a nightmare, the bank is steep and the dog and various wildlife will
root it up. So...either I plant some very aggressive ground-cover or I
think I'm going to have to resort to Roundup for as long as necessary.
Any ideas please anyone? East facing bank, mostly sunny, never dries
out, floods half way up a couple of times a year.
TIA

--
Holly, in France
Gite to let in Dordogne, now with pool.