Old 24-05-2003, 07:57 PM

Default Honeysuckle leaves shriveled up, thanks to greenfly. Is there anything I can do?

Hi,
A few days ago i noticed that my honeysuckles leaves were all
shrivelled up (not been out for a while due to the rain). once the
weather got better I had a look and found it was covered in greenfly
(not too sue what type but they were small and green so I'm guessing
they are green fly). I bought a bug gun (bio) and sprayed it.

Will it recover?
Is there anything i can do to get it back to health. I have noticed
that the one next to it has grey patches on the leaves as well.

Is there anything i can do to stop the fly's attacking it?

Thank you for your help.
Old 24-05-2003, 08:33 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
wrote:
Hi,
A few days ago i noticed that my honeysuckles leaves were all
shrivelled up (not been out for a while due to the rain). once the
weather got better I had a look and found it was covered in greenfly
(not too sue what type but they were small and green so I'm guessing
they are green fly). I bought a bug gun (bio) and sprayed it.

Will it recover?
Is there anything i can do to get it back to health. I have noticed
that the one next to it has grey patches on the leaves as well.

Is there anything i can do to stop the fly's attacking it?

Not a lot, but don't panic. If it is one of the japonica or
periclymenum species or hybrids (as it probably is), losing its
leaves won't kill it. Not much will, actually :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 24-05-2003, 10:01 PM
David Hill

I would pick all the leaves of the one with the greenfly attack, it will
soon grow new ones.
The one with the grey is showing signs of Mildew, they need to be in a place
with a god air movement, mildew mostly comes on in damp stagnant air.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries