Old 20-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Registered User

Smile Help Please

I have a small garden @ the front of my house and want to get rid of it.
Do I just dig up the turf and pile down stones or is their other things to think
of.

I have nothing against gardens in fact I have a large garden @ the back which I tend....it is just the front one is such a mess.

Thanks for any help on this.
Old 20-03-2006, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Default Help Please

maxbhoy wrote:
I have a small garden @ the front of my house and want to get rid of
it.
Do I just dig up the turf and pile down stones or is their other
things to think
of.

I have nothing against gardens in fact I have a large garden @ the
back which I tend....it is just the front one is such a mess.

Thanks for any help on this.

What do you want instead of a garden? - if you just want a pile of stones
then your idea is suitable yes.

HTH

Old 20-03-2006, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian Watson

"maxbhoy" wrote in message

I have a small garden @ the front of my house and want to get rid of
it.
Do I just dig up the turf and pile down stones or is their other things
to think
of.

I have nothing against gardens in fact I have a large garden @ the back
which I tend....it is just the front one is such a mess.

I cleared the lawn (I never had seen the point in growing a slab of work),
then laid a weed barrier, and covered the lot in bark chippings.

My garden's big enough to put a meandering path across it and I have four
plants in large pots to set out there once the weather warms up a bit.

--
Brian

Old 20-03-2006, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Take up the grass. Put down a weed suppressing membrane and cover it
with various sizes of stones, rocks, pebbles and gravel. Add the odd
lump of tree root for interest and put out pots in the summer. Before
doing all that, put in a pond with a small fountain and some aquatic
plants. OR pave the whole lot but still put in the pond.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 21-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Registered User

Location: Derbyshire

As long as you don't forget to kill the ground with something like Pathclear first and then put the weed control fabric down you will be OK.

Clear ground,
Kill Ground,
Cover Ground,
And then Decorate with some kind of aggregate.

Have fun!!

Old 21-03-2006, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"garden-addicted"
wrote in message ...

As long as you don't forget to kill the ground with something like
Pathclear first and then put the weed control fabric down you will be
OK.

Clear ground,
Kill Ground,
Cover Ground,
And then Decorate with some kind of aggregate.

Have fun!!

--
garden-addicted

A poster named "garden-addicted", posting onto the uk.rec.gardening
NewsGroup, through the gardenbanter website, is advising another poster
on how to kill off everything in their garden, presumably to then lay
a membrane and cover it all over with aggregate.

Sure beats cat hating trolls that's for sure.

Lucky old gardenbanter.

michael adams