Old 31-03-2006, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Cormaic!

Cormaic is quoted in the Mrs Danvers column in Country Life this week.
Fame!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 31-03-2006, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

What did she say he said then? (This week's CL won't reach my
doctor's surgery till about 2008 ;-)

Janet

There is a thing called a 'Subscription', but one has to open ones purse.
Beyond the realms of possibility?

Kind regards

Mike

Old 31-03-2006, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message . com
from "Sacha" contains these words:

Cormaic is quoted in the Mrs Danvers column in Country Life this week.
Fame!

What did she say he said then? (This week's CL won't reach my
doctor's surgery till about 2008 ;-)

I thought Mrs Danvers was the mad housekeeper from Rebecca?

Old 31-03-2006, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"Mike" wrote in message

What did she say he said then? (This week's CL won't reach my
doctor's surgery till about 2008 ;-)

Janet

There is a thing called a 'Subscription', but one has to open ones purse.
Beyond the realms of possibility?

There's also a thing called self-deprecation.

You might like to give it a try some time*.

That's after you've genned up on smileys.**

michael adams

*Some hopes

** They were mainly designed for Americans you know.

Kind regards

Mike

Old 31-03-2006, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"Mike" wrote in message

What did she say he said then? (This week's CL won't reach my
doctor's surgery till about 2008 ;-)

Janet

There is a thing called a 'Subscription', but one has to open ones purse.
Beyond the realms of possibility?

You've just given me a heart attack!

Alan

Kind regards

Mike

Old 31-03-2006, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message . com
from "Sacha" contains these words:

Cormaic is quoted in the Mrs Danvers column in Country Life this week.
Fame!

What did she say he said then? (This week's CL won't reach my
doctor's surgery till about 2008 ;-)

Someone who had gravelled over old cobblestones is selling their house.
They suspect - correctly, IMO - that they have committed an act of
vandalism and want to know how to correct. Cormaic is the person Mrs D
consulted and the answer is both interesting and comprehensive, if you
happen to have cobblestones or indeed, any wish to know how to clear up
a paving mess you've created! If I get time tomorrow, I'll look it out
and amplify this answer!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 31-03-2006, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

BAC wrote:
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message . com
from "Sacha" contains these words:

Cormaic is quoted in the Mrs Danvers column in Country Life this week.
Fame!

What did she say he said then? (This week's CL won't reach my
doctor's surgery till about 2008 ;-)

I thought Mrs Danvers was the mad housekeeper from Rebecca?

Indeed she was but I think it's meant to be a joke. Just don't go
leaning out of any windows overlooking the sea.........
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 01-04-2006, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Sacha wrote:
snip
If I get time tomorrow, I'll look it out
and amplify this answer!
--

Yurr tiz. Mrs Danvers reports Cormaic as saying that if the gravel is
tarmacked over the cobbles, the tarmac will peel off and stains will
probably vanish in a year. If it's concreted in the news is bad,
because the stain can last 12 years. He said that laying cobbles is a
skill and that in the past they were laid on a mixture of clay, horse
manure and wine. Today the most common ground is concrete which 'is
not very pleasing'. A lime based grounding is better because it will
encourage moss and algae between the cracks. Liquid manure or yoghurst
will encourage plants in the cracks. Tony ends by saying that you
must MUST find a skilled layer otherwise they will get concrete over
the stones.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk