Old 26-06-2008, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cormaic's report on Chelsea

I had an email from Cormaic, who is just too busy to post to urg now and it
included this link to his remarks on the paving he saw at Chelsea this year.
It's from his paving expert.com web site. As people often ask questions on
this subject on here, I thought it would be interesting for others to see
it:
http://www.pavingexpert.com/news166.htm

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 26-06-2008, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 26, 4:59 pm, Sacha wrote:
I had an email from Cormaic, who is just too busy to post to urg now and it
included this link to his remarks on the paving he saw at Chelsea this year.
It's from his paving expert.com web site. As people often ask questions on
this subject on here, I thought it would be interesting for others to see
it:http://www.pavingexpert.com/news166.htm

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
(new website online but not completed - shop to come and some mild tweaking
to do!)

Great, thanks Sacha, as you know I am very fond of Cormaic and Mrs.
Taz. Thanks very much for the link, I hope you had a great holiday,
every day I was thinking, I wonder what the weather is like on the
Silly's as I call them, did you have a good time? I expect your
busiest time is just over now?

Judith
Old 26-06-2008, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/6/08 18:35, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:

On Jun 26, 4:59 pm, Sacha wrote:
[...]

The weather was good enough for me - who should know a LOT better - to get
mild sunburn! Second day was a bit cloudy and rainy but the sun came out
and it was magical, as always. Everyone we talked to in Scilly and in
Cornwall was talking of a recession - money not coming into tourist coffers,
so people really are tightening their belts with the inevitable knock-on
effect to the tourism industry and all those allied to it. We talked to one
couple who had travelled to Tresco for a holiday for 18 years, usually
staying about 10 days. They said that to get there from their home in
Buckinghamshire now involved the drive, a night at a b&b in Penzance and the
helicopter flight and cost them £400 before they spent a sou in the hotel.
Yes, our very busiest time is over but it still goes on quite briskly and
the tea room is very busy if we get good weather. Two women told us today
that they'd been here two days running for lunch and tea, yesterday and
today but tonight the weather is horrid. It's blowing a bit, is grey and
rainy and not a bit summery.
Cormaic was, as ever, his extremely funny, trenchant self and it's always a
matter of real hilarity to hear from him. He never, ever fails to make me
chuckle to myself over my computer screen!

Cormaic! Sacha United Kingdom 7 01-04-2006 02:41 PM
FAQ/Cormaic's address Nick Maclaren United Kingdom 1 27-05-2003 10:20 PM
Patio construction (one for Cormaic ?) Jim United Kingdom 3 15-03-2003 12:44 AM