Old 08-04-2003, 11:08 AM
The Reid

Default frost this morning

Following up to will

its a shame, but wonderful to be in touch with the weather.

tomorow night too, I understand
--
Mike Reid
Spanish regional cooking at
Old 08-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Trevor Appleton

2 of my 6 potatoes in the poly tunnel which were under an extra sheet of
plastic caught some frost.

I've covered them in bubble wrap tonight.

"will" wrote in message
m...
clobbered my stinking hellebore, and my tulips. they've gone
droopy. hopefully my japanese maples new buds have survivied.
I'll have to wrap it in fleece tonight.

its a shame, but wonderful to be in touch with the weather.

Ian
Harrogate

---

Old 09-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Michael Berridge

will wrote in message ...
clobbered my stinking hellebore, and my tulips. they've gone
droopy. hopefully my japanese maples new buds have survivied.
I'll have to wrap it in fleece tonight.

its a shame, but wonderful to be in touch with the weather.

They will recover and stand up when the frost has gone, biggest problem
I saw was in Tuesday at a local auction where they sell plants etc.
Several sellers had sent in tomato plants, and some of these had been on
the stand by 7 am. By the time they came to be sold a good half in each
tray were a fetching shade of black. I think they made about 20p for a
tray of 12, worth it if you could even only save 2 or 3.
Got a Magnolia Stelata for £7:50, at the local garden centre that
afternoon they were £24 each. There were five and one had a lot more
flower buds that the others so I made sure I get the first choice.
others went for between £7 and £8:50. Someone got a real bargain, a tray
of French marigold, all plug pots, for £1:50, estimated number of plants
550!

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 10-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Natalie

" They will recover and stand up when the frost has gone, biggest problem
I saw was in Tuesday at a local auction where they sell plants etc.
Several sellers had sent in tomato plants, and some of these had been on
the stand by 7 am. By the time they came to be sold a good half in each
tray were a fetching shade of black. I think they made about 20p for a
tray of 12, worth it if you could even only save 2 or 3.
Got a Magnolia Stelata for £7:50, at the local garden centre that
afternoon they were £24 each. There were five and one had a lot more
flower buds that the others so I made sure I get the first choice.
others went for between £7 and £8:50. Someone got a real bargain, a tray
of French marigold, all plug pots, for £1:50, estimated number of plants
550!

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Where's the auction Mike? Does it happen every week?

Please post details.

Natalie

Old 10-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Michael Berridge

Natalie wrote in message ...

Where's the auction Mike? Does it happen every week?

Please post details.

Market Rasen, Lincs, and it happens every Tuesday starting at 10:30. I
must admit that I came home this week with a couple of cordylines for
80p each, 5 x 6 polyanthus at £1 per six, 5 million bells petunias for
40p each, large variegated Arum italiacum for £1:40, echinops, doronicum
and Pyrethrum for 50p each, last week two boxes of 5 perennials, not
named but look to be campanula, knipofia and not too sure of the other
as yet for £1:50 each box. similar boxes went this week for £1. They
also sell produce and game, and I can get cheap pheasant in season
there.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk