Old 21-04-2013, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sunday morning frost

It's a brilliantly sunny morning, clear blue sky etc. but there's been
quite a frost overnight. I dont know what it went down to yet but the
roof of my black car is very pretty & sparkly.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 21-04-2013, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

It's a brilliantly sunny morning, clear blue sky etc. but there's been
quite a frost overnight. I dont know what it went down to yet but the
roof of my black car is very pretty & sparkly.
--

Sacha

Yes we have had a heavy frost as well here on the South Coast of the Isle of
Wight.

However even though we came in quite late from seeing "The Military Wives'
at Shanklin Theatre, I put the car away because long time ago I got fed up
with scraping frost off the windows when I had a garage full of 'junk'

Mike

..

Old 21-04-2013, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:19:59 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 07:28:00 +0100, Sacha wrote:

It's a brilliantly sunny morning, clear blue sky etc. but there's been
quite a frost overnight. I dont know what it went down to yet but the
roof of my black car is very pretty & sparkly.

-4C in East Anglia. +2C here in subtropical ZH.
9C ATM

My weather station's on the blink so I can't say how cold it got, but the
tops of some pots were stiff and icy. So that makes it a very
respectable frost. Hope the peaches weren't affected...

We really, really need some good warm April weather.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 21-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Registered User

It was 40 degrees (sorry, old English) here in Cheshire at 8am. No frost but cold when gardening this morning due to a north wind becoming southwesterly but still feeling cold.

Bigolob.