Old 15-04-2006, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
andy

Default Suitable Fence Paint

I painted my fence afew months back using Cuprinol Duck's Back - green
colour. The panels are still OK but most of it has washed off the top
capping strip I guess because these are made of harder smooth wood
etc.
Could someone please advse on the best stuff to use bearing in mind it
has to match the green of panels ...... something with more
penetration qualities & does it have to be solvent based ?

Thanks for any help
Old 16-04-2006, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert

"andy" wrote in message
:I painted my fence afew months back using Cuprinol Duck's Back - green
: colour. The panels are still OK but most of it has washed off the top
: capping strip I guess because these are made of harder smooth wood
: etc.
: Could someone please advse on the best stuff to use bearing in mind it
: has to match the green of panels ...... something with more
: penetration qualities & does it have to be solvent based ?
:
: Thanks for any help

I would use Ronseal

Old 16-04-2006, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
LongYP

"andy" wrote in message
I painted my fence afew months back using Cuprinol Duck's Back - green
colour. The panels are still OK but most of it has washed off the top
capping strip I guess because these are made of harder smooth wood
etc.
Could someone please advse on the best stuff to use bearing in mind it
has to match the green of panels ...... something with more
penetration qualities & does it have to be solvent based ?

Thanks for any help

Unless I used Cuprinol incorrectly - I got the same problem - never used it
again. It seemed a very poor product for doing what it is supposed to do.

Old 16-04-2006, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
andy

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:06:20 +0100, "LongYP"
wrote:

"andy" wrote in message
.. .
I painted my fence afew months back using Cuprinol Duck's Back - green
colour. The panels are still OK but most of it has washed off the top
capping strip I guess because these are made of harder smooth wood
etc.
Could someone please advse on the best stuff to use bearing in mind it
has to match the green of panels ...... something with more
penetration qualities & does it have to be solvent based ?

Thanks for any help

Unless I used Cuprinol incorrectly - I got the same problem - never used it
again. It seemed a very poor product for doing what it is supposed to do.

I've used Ducks Back before & its lasted a few years already on my
rear fence panels + I've found it covers well. But I think its only
suitable for rough sawn well weathered wood .
I'm going to try other products ...... anyone had good experience with
the sheds' own labels or ones you can spray etc. ?
Old 17-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Registered User

Location: East Mids UK
Talking

I used aluminium paint on my fence panels and they look exactly the same 3 years later! Also, i thought that it may help deflect light back on the soild for the shadier parts of the garden and it worked a treat.

Suitable plants for covering a new fence mollie38 United Kingdom 20 12-11-2009 09:42 PM
paint question Coffee Ponds 3 30-04-2003 05:09 AM
Watching paint dry William Tasso United Kingdom 3 13-04-2003 05:33 PM
WE PAINT FLOWERS ITER Australia 0 03-04-2003 12:20 PM
fencing Paint Howie United Kingdom 2 10-02-2003 09:16 AM