Old 17-04-2006, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David W.E. Roberts

Default What to do with a redundant Yucca?

Hi,

just removed two Yucca from a couple of oak half barrels (about 27" or
68cms).

One barrel disintegrated completely and the other lost its bottom - the
roots had broken it up - and I had two Yucca stumps.

One has been donated to my bro-in-law for his garden, but I am left with the
other.

I am reluctant to take it to the tip, but given that it is now (even in its
drastically trimmed back form) very heavy I don't know how else to dispose
of it.

Is there a home for orphan Yucca?

Cheers

Dave R

Old 17-04-2006, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

just removed two Yucca from a couple of oak half barrels (about 27" or
68cms).

One barrel disintegrated completely and the other lost its bottom - the
roots had broken it up - and I had two Yucca stumps.

One has been donated to my bro-in-law for his garden, but I am left with

the
other.

I am reluctant to take it to the tip, but given that it is now (even in

its
drastically trimmed back form) very heavy I don't know how else to dispose
of it.

Is there a home for orphan Yucca?

Cheers

Dave R

if it is still alive why not offer it on www.freecycle.org.

where about are you? I've just been looking on the net to find out more
about yuccas before I decide to get one.

Old 17-04-2006, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David W.E. Roberts

"Space" wrote in message

[...]

Felixstowe in Suffok and Thatcham in Berkshire (and all points in between
via M25 and M4).

Years ago I bought three little Yucca in pots (on offer) - each was a stem
about 6" high with a single shoot.
Nice ornamental plants.

However, they kept growing and I kept potting them on.
They got too big for our sun lounge so had to go outside.
One went into the ex-rockery (where it has just been cut back giving a
trailer full of prunings) and the other two went into the oak barrels which
were on out balcony.

They seem to do fine over winter (but we have mild winters in Felixstowe)
and have been outside all year for years.

Anyone who can solve the transport problems is welcome to this one - I think
sending it by carrier would cost more than buying one in your local garden
centre.

Cheers

Dave R

Old 17-04-2006, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space

[...]

well location might be an issue, a bit of a hike for me to save courier
costs to Liverpool :-)

if there are no takers here, post it on the freecyle site.

Old 17-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David W.E. Roberts
I am reluctant to take it to the tip, but given that it is now (even in its drastically trimmed back form) very heavy I don't know how else to dispose of it.

Is there a home for orphan Yucca?
Dave, I would be interested in giving it a new home. I'm local to you....

Old 18-04-2006, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David W.E. Roberts

--
Mustang

I have already been contacted by a Helen from Ipswich (via email).

The one thing that bothers me is that I didn't think my email address was
visible via the NewsGroup.

Assuming you are not her in disguise, then she has first refusal.

Cheers

Dave R