Old 22-04-2006, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Garden Banter and email addresses

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
Chris Bacon writes:

| In just over year, I bet I've had about 300 "spam" e-mails, most of
| which (IMO) have come from non-Usenet sources. There are only about
| a hundred people on usenet, anyway, so it's not a prime resource
| for e-mail address "harvesting".

Er, are you SURE? Try a hundred thousand.

Even that is a little low!

Alan

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 23-04-2006, 07:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Alan Holmes" wrote
"Chris Bacon" wrote

In just over year, I bet I've had about 300 "spam" e-mails, most of
which (IMO) have come from non-Usenet sources. There are only about
a hundred people on usenet, anyway, so it's not a prime resource
for e-mail address "harvesting".

I think you are a little short on the number of people using the internet,
if you added about 10 '0's to your estimate it would be a little closer.
Alan

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm
Jenny :~)

Old 23-04-2006, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 08:26:28 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Alan Holmes" wrote
"Chris Bacon" wrote

In just over year, I bet I've had about 300 "spam" e-mails, most of
which (IMO) have come from non-Usenet sources. There are only about
a hundred people on usenet, anyway, so it's not a prime resource
for e-mail address "harvesting".

I think you are a little short on the number of people using the internet,
if you added about 10 '0's to your estimate it would be a little closer.
Alan

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm
Jenny :~)

If you go down a couple of levels to
http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats9.htm#eu
You can see that NL is the second biggest user in the EU and that
France is among the least users.
Martin

That will of course all change when I move...............!
Jenny