Old 18-04-2006, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
davout

Default summer planting ideas for top of terrace wall?

I have a sloping garden that is terraced near the top. The main terracing
consist of two walls, both of which are 5ft high and about 20 feet long.
There is a small bed at the top of each wall where I' like to grow plants
that would trail over the edge.

Can anybody offer any planting suggestions? Both areas are in full sun all
day, and I'd like something that is mid to late summer flowering.

Old 18-04-2006, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

davout wrote:
I have a sloping garden that is terraced near the top. The main terracing
consist of two walls, both of which are 5ft high and about 20 feet long.
There is a small bed at the top of each wall where I' like to grow plants
that would trail over the edge.

Can anybody offer any planting suggestions? Both areas are in full sun all
day, and I'd like something that is mid to late summer flowering.

Prostate rosemary, Bacopa, Nemesia, Diascia, Nasturtiums, Clematis,
Rosa 'The Fairy', Lithospermum, Bidens, Helichrysum, Nummularia. You
could intersperse these with herbs because it sounds an ideal situation
for those, assuming it's well drained.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 19-04-2006, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Sacha wrote:
[...]
Prostate rosemary, [..]

I wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't brought it up first, but I
admit I always thought there was something a little odd about her. Nice
girl, though, of course.

--
Mike.

Old 19-04-2006, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Mike Lyle wrote:
Sacha wrote:
[...]
Prostate rosemary, [..]

I wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't brought it up first, but I
admit I always thought there was something a little odd about her. Nice
girl, though, of course.

There are times when observant people really are
the.........................;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 20-04-2006, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:
[...]
Prostate rosemary, [..]

I wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't brought it up first, but I
admit I always thought there was something a little odd about her. Nice
girl, though, of course.

--
Mike.

Her sister,Prosthanthera, lovely girl--would make a good addition to the
planting scheme.

Silver birch in a pot on a Spanish terrace? bluesarija Gardening 0 04-09-2004 07:05 PM
Lawn on a roof terrace? JK United Kingdom 57 02-07-2004 08:11 AM
size of terrace Mac United Kingdom 1 28-10-2003 01:43 PM
grapes on the terrace eric Edible Gardening 2 05-08-2003 04:17 AM
Grapes on the terrace eric Gardening 2 04-08-2003 01:02 PM