Old 23-04-2006, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Default free seeds from Daily Mirror

I sent off a few tokens and an SAE and have now recieved my six packets of
free seeds.
They a
antirrinhum
love-in-a-mist
cornflower
poppy
gypsophilla
allysum

While i know about the allysum and antirrinhum, the others I have no idea
about, the seed packets are just white with just the name of the seeds on
them, there is a little bit of info on a slip of paper, height, spread and
when to sow but little else, if anyone can give any info on where to sow?
will they come up every year?
can they be sown directly into the garden? - if so when?
can they go in planters / baskets / shrubberies?

Also to save sending another post, has anyone any idea what those flowers
are called that are in bloom now?
they have lots and lots of small lilac/blue flowers on them and they
'trail', I've seen them a dozen times this past week, they seem to spread as
well, although not uncontrollably, if anyone has a name I can google it and
see....TIA

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.

Old 23-04-2006, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.

If God had intended us to smoke, he would have given us chimneys out of the
top of our heaads

Old 23-04-2006, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara

In message , Phil L
writes
has anyone any idea what those flowers are called that are in bloom
now? they have lots and lots of small lilac/blue flowers on them and
they 'trail',

Aubretia?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 23-04-2006, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Klara wrote:
In message , Phil L
writes
has anyone any idea what those flowers are called that are in bloom
now? they have lots and lots of small lilac/blue flowers on them and
they 'trail',

Aubretia?

That's the very chappy, I'm going to get some of these...how long do they
stay in bloom?

Old 24-04-2006, 05:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...
I sent off a few tokens and an SAE and have now recieved my six packets of
free seeds.
They a
antirrinhum
love-in-a-mist
cornflower
poppy
gypsophilla
allysum

While i know about the allysum and antirrinhum, the others I have no idea
about, the seed packets are just white with just the name of the seeds on
them, there is a little bit of info on a slip of paper, height, spread and
when to sow but little else, if anyone can give any info on where to sow?
will they come up every year?
can they be sown directly into the garden? - if so when?
can they go in planters / baskets / shrubberies?

Thsi might be useful : http://theseedsite.co.uk/index.html
Alternativley type the name of each plant in google an start sifting :~)

Also to save sending another post, has anyone any idea what those flowers
are called that are in bloom now?
they have lots and lots of small lilac/blue flowers on them and they
'trail', I've seen them a dozen times this past week, they seem to spread as
well, although not uncontrollably, if anyone has a name I can google it and
see....TIA

Probably aubretia - trailing rockery type plant
Jenny

Old 24-04-2006, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara

In message , Phil L
writes

That's the very chappy, I'm going to get some of these...how long do
they stay in bloom?

Aubretias are spring-flowering and, unlike your other seeds, perennial.
They'll need a haircut after they have finished flowering. They will
grow best in a place like pockets in a stone wall.
--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Daily Telegraph seeds anon and off[_2_] United Kingdom 0 18-06-2011 11:12 AM
Free Website, Free Domain, Free Installation, Free Scripts hostnomi United Kingdom 0 25-03-2008 08:11 AM
Plant mirror Tony Gardening 4 23-06-2004 03:04 PM
Daily Mirror gardening kit offer dommy United Kingdom 5 10-05-2003 07:41 PM
MIrror as Tank background Kenny Horn Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 20-04-2003 05:32 AM