Old 24-04-2006, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Geo

Default Lidl growbags, checkout and bad backs.

Their growbags are 98p so we lifted them into the trolley, bought some fruit and
trundled round to the checkout. Normally ( at B&Q etc) they would use a hand
scanner but Lidls don't have them so offered to put onw on the conveyer and get
till to multiply by number of bags. No can do - shop rule - evrything has to go
on the conveyer, so all bags uloaded from trolley, passed over scanner and
loaded back into same trolley.
Duh!

Geo
Old 24-04-2006, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Geo" wrote in message
Their growbags are 98p so we lifted them into the trolley, bought some
fruit and
trundled round to the checkout. Normally ( at B&Q etc) they would use a
hand
scanner but Lidls don't have them so offered to put onw on the conveyer
and get
till to multiply by number of bags. No can do - shop rule - evrything has
to go
on the conveyer, so all bags uloaded from trolley, passed over scanner and
loaded back into same trolley.
Duh!

Geo

I had the same problem at ASDA with 60 x 1L packs of long life milk.
Apparently unscrupulous customers mix and match similar looking items such
as 30 x 1L of cheapo skimmed milk with 30 x 1L of expensive full fat
freshly squeezed Yak milk.
The policy lasted only a few days.

Old 24-04-2006, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:42:12 GMT, Geo
wrote:

Their growbags are 98p so we lifted them into the trolley, bought some
fruit and
trundled round to the checkout. Normally ( at B&Q etc) they would use a
hand
scanner but Lidls don't have them so offered to put onw on the conveyer
and get
till to multiply by number of bags. No can do - shop rule - evrything has
to go
on the conveyer, so all bags uloaded from trolley, passed over scanner and
loaded back into same trolley.
Duh!

Geo

We buy 30 tins of cat food at a time from Lidls (two cats), to save
frequent visits. Only one gets passed over the scanner, and the total
is just multiplied up. The 'everything on the conveyor' rule must be
branch-specific.

--
Chris

Yes but are the 30 cans all the same flavour--if not the stock control on
chicken flavour etc will be wrong.
That was the reason I had to load 120 cans on the conveyor at ASDA
(5 cats) ;-)

Old 25-04-2006, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:38:53 +0100, "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)"
wrote:

We buy 30 tins of cat food at a time from Lidls (two cats), to save
frequent visits. Only one gets passed over the scanner, and the total
is just multiplied up. The 'everything on the conveyor' rule must be
branch-specific.

--
Chris

Yes but are the 30 cans all the same flavour--if not the stock control on
chicken flavour etc will be wrong.
That was the reason I had to load 120 cans on the conveyor at ASDA
(5 cats) ;-)

120 cans!! :-(
Ours are three different flavours. But probably all given the same
stock code, as all are boxed together on the shelves.

--
Chris

Old 25-04-2006, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

wrote:

We buy 30 tins of cat food at a time from Lidls (two cats), to save
frequent visits. Only one gets passed over the scanner, and the total
is just multiplied up. The 'everything on the conveyor' rule must be
branch-specific.

--
Chris

Yes but are the 30 cans all the same flavour--if not the stock control on
chicken flavour etc will be wrong.
That was the reason I had to load 120 cans on the conveyor at ASDA
(5 cats) ;-)

120 cans!! :-(
Ours are three different flavours. But probably all given the same
stock code, as all are boxed together on the shelves.
--
Chris

Yes 120 --sometimes even more . It does last a month min.
5 meowing hungry cats and no cat food is to be avoided at all cost :-)

Old 26-04-2006, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jupiter

wrote:

Their growbags are 98p so we lifted them into the trolley, bought some fruit and
trundled round to the checkout. Normally ( at B&Q etc) they would use a hand
scanner but Lidls don't have them so offered to put onw on the conveyer and get
till to multiply by number of bags. No can do - shop rule - evrything has to go
on the conveyer, so all bags uloaded from trolley, passed over scanner and
loaded back into same trolley.
Duh!

Geo

I got six from Aldi, also 98p and I didn't have to take any of them
out of the trolley. The till operator manually keyed in the code.