Old 25-09-2007, 04:18 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default checkout this cheap and easy bio filter i made

hey
if you are interested check out this effective little bio filter i put
together. it only took me one afternoon and saved a ton of money...
http://www.softwarewiki.org/biofilter.html

Let me know if you can think of any wats to improve it.

thanks
jeff

Old 25-09-2007, 04:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:18:34 -0700, pondwisdom
wrote:

hey
if you are interested check out this effective little bio filter i put
together. it only took me one afternoon and saved a ton of money...
http://www.softwarewiki.org/biofilter.html

Let me know if you can think of any wats to improve it.

thanks
jeff

It will be good for a few years. The barrel will rust. The lava will
need cleaned some day, I scraped the skin off my fingers cleaning the
lava out of mine. (similar design)
Old 25-09-2007, 01:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

veggie filters. http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/2000/details.htm
http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/2000/p2000.htm
http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/changes/changes2.htm

Old 26-09-2007, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

hey
if you are interested check out this effective little bio filter i put
together. it only took me one afternoon and saved a ton of money...
http://www.softwarewiki.org/biofilter.html

Let me know if you can think of any wats to improve it.

thanks
jeff

When you decide to replace the lava rock, look for Savio Springflo
media. I couldn't remember the name last night.
Old 27-09-2007, 02:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
hey
if you are interested check out this effective little bio filter i put
together. it only took me one afternoon and saved a ton of money...
http://www.softwarewiki.org/biofilter.html

Let me know if you can think of any wats to improve it.

thanks
jeff

It will be good for a few years. The barrel will rust. The lava will
need cleaned some day, I scraped the skin off my fingers cleaning the
lava out of mine. (similar design)

the barrel is actually plastic. I have heard similar statements about
problems cleaning the lava rocks though, i guess we will see when the
time comes.
jeff

Old 27-09-2007, 03:18 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
hey
if you are interested check out this effective little bio filter i put
together. it only took me one afternoon and saved a ton of money...
http://www.softwarewiki.org/biofilter.html

Let me know if you can think of any wats to improve it.

thanks
jeff

It will be good for a few years. The barrel will rust. The lava will
need cleaned some day, I scraped the skin off my fingers cleaning the
lava out of mine. (similar design)

the barrel is actually plastic. I have heard similar statements about
problems cleaning the lava rocks though, i guess we will see when the
time comes.
jeff

Plastic is better. Is the top open or closed. Mine is open, I grew
iris in there one time, cannas another time. BAD idea. They welded
the rock together. I have water hyacinths in mine now, they work well
except when they plug up the outlet.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
[...]

except when they plug up the outlet.- Hide quoted text -

the tops is open. i have water hyacinths in mine as well.