Old 25-04-2006, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ade

Default New Border

I'm planting a mixed border along a fence, approx 5' wide x 30' long. The
border already has mature deciduous trees such as cherry, but has lots of
space for perennial flowers and a few small shrubs, which is what I'll be
planting.

I want to complete the planting of the entire border now, the whole lot in
one fell swoop, including spring bulbs for next year (they're on sale right
now). My question is -- can I plant spring bulbs now (daffs, anemone,
crocus), or do they have to be planted in autumn?

Thanks.

Old 25-04-2006, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ade

I forgot to ask the same question for allium bulbs (christophii,
aflatuense). Too late for this year but can they be planted now for
flowering next year, or do I have to wait until autumn to plant them?

Thanks.

Old 25-04-2006, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Craddock

"Ade" wrote in message
I forgot to ask the same question for allium bulbs (christophii,
aflatuense). Too late for this year but can they be planted now for
flowering next year, or do I have to wait until autumn to plant
them?

Thanks.

I've seen 'em in pots in garden centres in the last week. You pay
through the nose that way but you get the flowers this year ;-]
--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.