Old 17-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Alison

Default Pond Hose and Blagdon Pump

I haven't posted for a while due to the lil nipper but he's getting bigger
now so we can get out in the garden a bit more now (hopefully)

We've discovered that our external filter pond hose is damaged/split rather
badly right in the middle of a 10m run. Is there anything you can do to
repair them? To replace the whole run seems wasteful (and expensive - it's
large diameter stuff). Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Whilst I'm on pond stuff - does anyone know where you can get 'bits' for a
Blagdon pump. The fitting that allows hoses to connect has fractured so
most of the water escapes back into the pond before going off to fountain
and filter :-(

TIA

--Alison

Old 20-01-2004, 10:24 PM
gitfinger

Try Denzo tape. It's fabric soaked in some kind gooey substance that will
stick to wet surfaces so you can do emergency repairs in the water.
Check what the goo is so that you don't kill anything - although plumbers
use it on water pipes......available from all good plumbers merchants.

Git

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...

Old 21-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Simon Avery

"Alison" o.uk wrote:

Hello Alison

A We've discovered that our external filter pond hose is
A damaged/split rather badly right in the middle of a 10m run.
A Is there anything you can do to repair them? To replace the
A whole run seems wasteful (and expensive - it's large
A diameter stuff). Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Should be fixable. Cut a thin chunk out and toddle around
pump/plumbing suppliers on your local industrial estate asking for
connectors for it.

A Whilst I'm on pond stuff - does anyone know where you can
A get 'bits' for a Blagdon pump. The fitting that allows
A hoses to connect has fractured so most of the water escapes
A back into the pond before going off to fountain and filter
A :-(

I don't know it, but most pumps are considered disposable these days
and parts hard to get, annoying for a piddly bit of shaped plastic.
Maybe some superglue and spare plastic might enable a bodge save?

Old 23-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Tony Bull

"Alison" o.uk wrote in message ...
I haven't posted for a while due to the lil nipper but he's getting bigger
now so we can get out in the garden a bit more now (hopefully)

We've discovered that our external filter pond hose is damaged/split rather
badly right in the middle of a 10m run. Is there anything you can do to
repair them? To replace the whole run seems wasteful (and expensive - it's
large diameter stuff). Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Whilst I'm on pond stuff - does anyone know where you can get 'bits' for a
Blagdon pump. The fitting that allows hoses to connect has fractured so
most of the water escapes back into the pond before going off to fountain
and filter :-(

TIA

--Alison

Hi Alison
Try to measure the inside diameter of the hose. If it is around 15 mm
or 22mm you could join it with a bit of 15mm or 22 mm copper pipe. you
could expand the hose by dipping it in very hot ware and stretching it
with a couple of large screwdrivers. If the hose is a tight fit you
may get away without using any pipe clips. 15mm pipe is about 70p
/metre, 22mm is around £1.50/metre. If you don't use pipe clips you
need to make sure that the hose does not come off the pipe, though, as
the consequences could be disastrous.
regards
Tony Bull www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk