Old 04-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Registered User

Default Preparing weeded area for turf

Hello

I have an area of garden that I wish to turf and would be grateful for some help with how to prepare it.
The area is approx 30' x 30' and has lots of weeds.I keep digging them up and have put weedkiller on them many times (with little effect),then i dont get the time to complete the job and the weeds come back.

Can i dig out most of the weeds and turf straight over ? someone suggested putting black polythene over,waiting for the weeds to die and then turfing ?
Will the weeds grow thru the turf or will the turf prevent this happening ?
Can i rotavate the blighters over ?

I really know nothing about gardening (see my username for my speciality) and my back wont stand much more weeding.The end result just needs to be grass not an immaculate 'lawn'.

Here is a picture link to give you an idea.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e...pe/DSCN0004.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Regards

Rich.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Registered User

oops link to pic not working,try again

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...e/DSCN0004.jpg

Rich

Preparing clay for turf Helen J Lawns 3 27-02-2010 03:19 PM
Novice needs advice-Preparing soil for turf Noviceatlawns Lawns 5 22-06-2009 03:40 PM
Help needed in preparing soil for turf Jaybee Lawns 0 11-07-2007 03:39 PM
Preparing weeded area for turf. richthesparky Lawns 8 08-05-2006 12:24 PM
Badly weeded area Bobby United Kingdom 5 21-04-2003 01:33 PM