Old 05-05-2006, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Default OT :- Aphids are they edible ??

I had a strange and disturbing thought yesterday but are Aphids edible
??

I just though you could have a never ending supply for some unknown
delicacy , just think of it , you could farm your aphids , bottle them
up and sell them

I though this as I was squashing many of them who were muching away on
my climbing rose

Old 05-05-2006, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"Gardening_Convert" wrote in message
oups.com...
I had a strange and disturbing thought yesterday but are Aphids
edible ??

Yup. They form a large part of the diet of ladybirds,
alongside thrips, mites and mealy bugs.

michael adams

Old 05-05-2006, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

Gardening_Convert wrote:
I had a strange and disturbing thought yesterday but are Aphids edible
??

I certainly hope so, seen as I am not always the most thorough washer
of home grown lettuce...

Cat(h)

Old 05-05-2006, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Cat(h) wrote:
Gardening_Convert wrote:
I had a strange and disturbing thought yesterday but are Aphids edible
??

I certainly hope so, seen as I am not always the most thorough washer
of home grown lettuce...

It's proteins, I tell myself, especially when I ride my bike and sing
along. It's amazing the amount I swallow )

Old 05-05-2006, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message .com
from "Gardening_Convert" contains these words:

I had a strange and disturbing thought yesterday but are Aphids edible
??

I just though you could have a never ending supply for some unknown
delicacy , just think of it , you could farm your aphids , bottle them
up and sell them

I've often seen them served as a low-calorie salad dressing.

Janet

Old 05-05-2006, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"Gardening_Convert" wrote in message
oups.com...
I had a strange and disturbing thought yesterday but are Aphids edible
??

I just though you could have a never ending supply for some unknown
delicacy , just think of it , you could farm your aphids , bottle them
up and sell them

I though this as I was squashing many of them who were muching away on
my climbing rose

I just a had brilliant idea!

Why don't you eat some and let us know the result!

Alan