Old 09-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Jon

Default Aubergines

We recently acquired a second greenhouse and my wife has suggested we try
growing aubergines. We know nothing at all about this. I have sown some in
pots and one or two have just about appeared. What do we do? How big do you
think the plants should be before being planted out of their pots? Are they
very frost susceptible? Assuming they do develop, do they like water
(lots/little), sun or shade, fertiliser? Any other advice greatly received.
Thanks
Jonny

Old 09-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Jon wrote:
We recently acquired a second greenhouse and my wife has suggested we try
growing aubergines. We know nothing at all about this. I have sown some in
pots and one or two have just about appeared. What do we do? How big do you
think the plants should be before being planted out of their pots? Are they
very frost susceptible? Assuming they do develop, do they like water
(lots/little), sun or shade, fertiliser? Any other advice greatly received.

Almost exactly like peppers. Frost susceptible. Lots of sun. Lots
of water when growing, and some fertiliser. But be warned, they are
a traditional fertility vegetable - and I don't mean just in the
garden :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Jon

Thanks Nick, I will take all of your advice on board, but I won't tell Lynn
(wife) because her urge for N0. 3 child is not as strong as mine:-)
Jonny
In article ,

aubergines ex WGS Hamm United Kingdom 2 01-02-2005 09:26 PM
Growing Aubergines: just water them? Ed United Kingdom 0 02-06-2004 08:13 PM
blossoms dropping off egg plants (aka aubergines) Richard Wright Edible Gardening 1 23-01-2004 12:12 PM
blossoms dropping off egg plants (aka aubergines) Richard Wright Australia 0 23-01-2004 06:02 AM
Aubergines Janice United Kingdom 8 16-09-2003 05:23 PM