Old 01-02-2005, 04:40 PM
ex WGS Hamm

Default aubergines

I loike aubergines. I hate the price of them in the shops however. Has
anyone grown them in this country? I don't have a greenouse so they would be
in containers in a sunny, sheltered spot.

Old 01-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Jo

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in message
I loike aubergines. I hate the price of them in the shops however. Has
anyone grown them in this country? I don't have a greenouse so they would

be
in containers in a sunny, sheltered spot.

Yes. My 5-year old grew one plant as an experiment last summer. Not bad.

It was in a really hot sunny spot but didn't grow very big. It felt a
little too hard to eat, but we chanced it anyway and roasted it along with
some peppers, red onions and cherry tomatoes we had also grown. Delicious!
We were very surprised. Well....they do say that the best things come in
small packages!!
Give it a go.

Jo

Old 01-02-2005, 09:26 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"Jo" wrote in message

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in message
I loike aubergines. I hate the price of them in the shops however. Has
anyone grown them in this country? I don't have a greenouse so they

would
be
in containers in a sunny, sheltered spot.

Yes. My 5-year old grew one plant as an experiment last summer. Not

bad.
It was in a really hot sunny spot but didn't grow very big. It felt a
little too hard to eat, but we chanced it anyway and roasted it along with
some peppers, red onions and cherry tomatoes we had also grown.

Delicious!
We were very surprised. Well....they do say that the best things come in
small packages!!
Give it a go.

Great, thanks for the info.

Growing Aubergines: just water them? Ed United Kingdom 0 02-06-2004 08:13 PM
blossoms dropping off egg plants (aka aubergines) Richard Wright Edible Gardening 1 23-01-2004 12:12 PM
blossoms dropping off egg plants (aka aubergines) Richard Wright Australia 0 23-01-2004 06:02 AM
Aubergines Janice United Kingdom 8 16-09-2003 05:23 PM
Aubergines Jon United Kingdom 2 09-04-2003 09:56 PM