Old 13-05-2006, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default What can I do with the ash from my bonfires?

Just had two large ones, could just leave it where it is, but it would be
nice to know if there is an alternative.

Alan

Old 14-05-2006, 06:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Just had two large ones, could just leave it where it is, but it would be
nice to know if there is an alternative.

Alan

my ashes go in my compost. I have a big double bay wooden bin however not
one of those plastic bin jobbies. Do not add too much to a small compost
pile.

rob

Old 15-05-2006, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mr Big

As long as its wood ash put the ash around your fruit tree's as its a
rich source of potash.
Old 15-05-2006, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

As long as its wood ash put the ash around your fruit tree's as its a
rich source of potash.

I put mine on the garden or the compost heap

kate
Old 15-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Holmes
Just had two large ones, could just leave it where it is, but it would be
nice to know if there is an alternative.

Alan
If it is just wood ash then spread it on your vegetable garden if you have one, great for potash.

Old 15-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls123
If it is just wood ash then spread it on your vegetable garden if you have one, great for potash.
Yeah i would put the ash around fruit trees so it doesn't go to waste

Bonfires Janet Galpin United Kingdom 7 19-03-2006 07:49 PM
bonfires H Ryder United Kingdom 20 09-09-2005 10:26 PM
Which came first, the Green Ash or the White Ash species Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 21 26-10-2004 04:48 AM
grafting white-ash onto green-ash Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 4 28-06-2004 07:38 AM
telling apart green ash from white ash Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 6 04-05-2004 10:07 PM